Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wacky,this is the sort of trade that normally clears the thread:(
UJ looks good short as well, momentum slowed on most pairs now, UK closing shortly and Wall st. stuffing its face with cream cheese bagels right now, plus its friday with only 1 report at 19:00 :)

exit 9903 +10
I might be done for today too. Action getting real slow.

Peter

Yeah, I carried on watching out of curiosity but I think its done for today as well, unless Monthly Budget Statement kicks USD pairs back into action.
Its friday and I'm not waiting till 1900 :eek:

Cheers, not long registered thought I'd pop in :)

welcome. What are your methods,do you trade live ,how long,profitable etc,etc
were mainly regulars here so like to know everything about everyone, so they get grilled when they first appear,particularly when my trade looks bad:mad:. I do call winners honestly:innocent:

no n--kie for you this weekend flash

im not done yet BP,this line is crucial,it keeps trying.I said there may be a leg down. im hoping that was it and it breaks up soon. Another 10 pips to the upside and im away.
This could give me enough cash to send Lady flash for a manicure while I pillage the peasants at the manor

Attachments

• snapshot-493.png
    snapshot-493.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 106
welcome. What are your methods,do you trade live ,how long,profitable etc,etc
were mainly regulars here so like to know everything about everyone, so they get grilled when they first appear,particularly when my trade looks bad:mad:. I do call winners honestly:innocent:

I logged off just as you replied by the look of it, checking my AIMers - nothing spectacular today :)

Method: Primary monitor charts are M30 & M3. M30 for direction, reversals S&R (flip to H1 if M30 unclear). M3 for short term direction, trade in same direction as M30.
When both are same direction, use M1 to try and get best entry.
Mainly EURUSD, GBPUSD and FTSE100 & DOW.

EMA3 &18 with 40MA
Stoch 20 3 3 - turning crossovers heads up (just a visual heads up, not entry reliant), enter if PA confirms.
Bearing in mind indicators are not totally reliable, stoch pop etc.

Usually looking for small short term bites of a trend, trend pullback, enter if pullback holds - Targets usually 5 - 20 pips
SL - no fixed figure, if trade is wrong on the chart pull the plug, disaster SL in case of connection drop - anything from 30-50 on cable for instance (not reliant on that for exit though).
Generally an adaptation of how I used to swing trade, just shorter TF.

Trade live & profitable - yes, nothing to set the world on fire.Made most of the usual F**k ups, trading with borrowed money, felt drawdown pain. Luckily avoided wipeout by realising I was a Tw@t :)
Started 2003 with Hemscott sub swing trading their recommendations, moved on to FTSE 350 then 100 swing trades, more recently - 09 dipped a toe in with AIM.

April 2010 started to get into day trading more, FX and indices mostly.
Previously dabbled on and off on major news turns, but I'm coming to the conclusion that for me personally its the best way of minimising news risk, considering all the crap with the euro, USD etc since may 2010.

Thats mostly it I think

Chhers for the recs Flash & Pete :)
Still early days (6 months) for me and that method on day trade, but so far so good, I've probably jinxed myself saying that :eek: :)

only me here,have moved stop to b/e,probably no movement at all now.Occasionally there is a very late rally,otherwise ill take off as i dont leave trades over the weekend
See you monday
Flash

Just the 2 small TF day-trades for me today and that's it on these small TFs for the week; have taken approx. 130 pips off the small TF (trading the Euro only) this week.

Have taken 9 day-trades only this week;

7 winners, 2 losses
Average win 24 pips
Average loss 19

Today's trades;

Stop 25
Trailing stop 32
Profit limit 50

Pips + 36

News related spike took me out at +51

Nice BS I'm starting to compile all my trades in an excel sheet to check how I could improve. Its not an easy task I took 23 trades alone today. I have issues with long term trades my hit rate is very poor. Quick trades I tend to be at around 68%. I'd love to start leaving trades overnight but desperately need a strategy. Anyone looking to swap strategies short term for long?

I noticed for quite some time that everytime I had a losing long term trade I'd just go over to the DOW and make it back and then some. Then it occurred to me just cut the long term trades out and I've been fine ever since. I'm advancing in years and would like to cut some of the stress out tbh. The DOW is possibly the biggest cause of heart attacks in the world.

Just like to add that I am right now checking out pivot points I would be nice to know how you play these. I understand the basics of taking the previous day and adding the Higher + Low + Close then dividing by 3 to take the basic pivot. Any move upward through the pivot is a long and passing down through it is shorting opp. Seems nice and simple.

Last edited: