Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have to go out very soon so not sure how to leave my trade, i would like to watch it but cant so have moved stop to + 5, but have set a target of 113.70

have settled for +40. It didnt seem to want to fall to intended target,yesterdays low.
Still a nice trade to start the week on a very quiet day

Maybe I should have stayed in this trade.I got out for no real reason

Nothing wrong with the profit you took. besides on a low volume day it's easy for a currency to quickly spike against you. Much easier for a few large traders to swing the market either way for kicks.

Peter

Wotcha dudes. Yeah I had a late one ended up staying up for the FTSE open only to see it move like a lethargic old lady around Asda. I'm doing ok not chasing anything really just set myself a higher target per day. I'll be looking for a cable trade tomorrow morning at about 7:30ish. I need to start expanding my forex trades to other pairs but I do so love cable with its volatility.

Loooonnnnng on the EUR/USD 1.3884

Target = 1.4204
SL = 1.3794

Risk = 90
Reward = 320

My first really long term trade on this pair

hmmm Fibble, on my chart at the time you posted the trade E/U has already broken the support trendline and the most recent chart pattern is a double top from about 1.385 to 1.4. could you tell me your reasons for entering where you have? ATM I've got a limit order sitting at 1.3805 with a stop at 20 pips and a target between 1.383 and 1.385 (depending on price action) just trying to catch a bounce off support at 1.38. beyond that I've got no opinion on E/U - it might resume the trend or it might consolidate a bit more. just my 2p.

hmmm Fibble, on my chart at the time you posted the trade E/U has already broken the support trendline and the most recent chart pattern is a double top from about 1.385 to 1.4. could you tell me your reasons for entering where you have? ATM I've got a limit order sitting at 1.3805 with a stop at 20 pips and a target between 1.383 and 1.385 (depending on price action) just trying to catch a bounce off support at 1.38. beyond that I've got no opinion on E/U - it might resume the trend or it might consolidate a bit more. just my 2p.

Yeah. My rationale for entering was that we have breaks of the support line before followed by a higher high. The break worried me at the time but the timing of the break reassured me somewhat. It was quite early on with very little volume. We should see in the next few hours if I made the right call. Its a long term trade something I am weak on as I worry during my sleep about these overnight trades and I don't feel its healthy for my stress levels. I'm starting to wonder if this wonderful bull run is now over.

just had my limit filled at 1.3805, but I might pull it early in a few minutes when CPI comes out in the UK - cable is very near to support so some above expectations figures might send it skyrocketing to 1.6 ... G/U has been extremely volatile those last couple of months..

Stopped out of my EUR/USD trade the next few days could prove key to see if we have a real break to the downside. -90 pips

And it's a loser, pulled it manually at -15. Now if E/U moves further down I will wait for a pullback to 1.8 and short it there. Details later on, lets see what it does first.

Single Euro trade this morning, it may prove to be that I've taken the pips early but unfortuately got in this trade later than I'd have liked, should have been in at 13850 but 6:30 is too early a start for me..:sleep: Second mouse gets the cheese, or the bits of cheese that's left over?

Anyhow stop loss was 25
Trailing stop 32
Pips +30

Attachments

• fx graph 1121010.png
    fx graph 1121010.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 98
And it's a loser, pulled it manually at -15. Now if E/U moves further down I will wait for a pullback to 1.8 and short it there. Details later on, lets see what it does first.

Possibly a retrace up to the old support line then down it could be a nice long trade to the short side.