Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its funny I thought this forum was full of fulltime traders but now I see that isn't the case who here trades fulltime?

I've been fulltime since March 2009.

I'm not a full time trader. I own a small business which is why I generally take the summer off from trading--- no time! I would have no problem being a F/T trader if necessary, however, I enjoy running my small business and I believe that a part of my success in trading is having no pressure to perform. No stress of having to make next month's mortgage payment, etc = better trading.

Peter

Been trading FX full time from home for 9 months, since taking voluntary redundancy. Traded FTSE individual stocks part time for two years prior to that, I'm still about £10K down from where I first started, but have gone from losing weeks, to break even weeks and am now starting to see some profitable weeks...

It's a long winding road to consistent profitably and anyone who thinks this is easy money is an idiot.

In my experience, I find that it is better to be profitable before calling live trades. If I feel that I am losing my discipline, then I stop calling live trades.

I'm not a full time trader. I own a small business which is why I generally take the summer off from trading--- no time! I would have no problem being a F/T trader if necessary, however, I enjoy running my small business and I believe that a part of my success in trading is having no pressure to perform. No stress of having to make next month's mortgage payment, etc = better trading.

Peter

very true

Peter

Exactly

In my experience, I find that it is better to be profitable before calling live trades. If I feel that I am losing my discipline, then I stop calling live trades.

Yeah, fair play LeoVirgo, I quite like the social aspect tho', will have to find a local arcade...

PS. reason for longing UC is price reacting at bottom of the trend channel.

gbp right on line,nearly stopped me out

Attachments

• snapshot-427.png
    snapshot-427.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 111
No, I just use price action, a bit of VSA using tick vol, S&R incl. trend lines, fibos & pivots and not much else, I did away with oscillators and the like a while back, too many false signals.

Studying Wyckoff in an attempt to learn to read accumulation and distribution patterns, I try and view the market structure in terms of order flow.

gbp right on line,nearly stopped me out

Lokks like the line was drawn pip perfect,shame i didnt wait and trade from there.Still going nicely.

I just started a thread about what i could do along side trading and there were 16 viewers on it and on this thread where there are traders calling their trades with charts and methods,there were 6.What does that tell you

When I first stated trading I used vsa,whats it like now

Yeah OK, my system is not totally based around it, but it just gives me an idea of when strength and weakness is coming into the market, test bars, no demand/supply etc. just gives a little edge when trying to predict potential continuations or reversals.

It's not 100% effective as nothing is, but seems to be working OK, I'm still studying all the nuances of the various spread and vol formations and what they mean. I find the climax buy/sell and stopping vol bars have reasonably good predictive powers, right more times than they're wrong on 15 min FX charts, so better than 50% which by definition constitutes an edge.

Looks like I've missed that short entry on Aussie, not going to chase, there'll be another train along soon enough...