Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eu stop now 22 tp 55,

currently short EU short UJ.. one can get stopped out .. well lets see

covered both UJ and EU .. UJ+19 EU + 27

the reason? grabbing both in profits..

It became a hedge for holding shorts on both EU and UJ, i.e, I was bothe long and short on USD. One could be stopped out while the other one is in positive. somehow, both moved to my favor, so I got out while total return from two small profits was equal or greater than a single target.

it made my day anyhow :cheesy:

If I were holding a directional trade, say long GU and short EG (long GBP), I wouldn't use the above 2small profits >= a single target exit method. Both have to be left to run as both can get stopped out. For a directional trade, it is either both win or lose.

I take every set up and as a result ended up taking opposite trades on USD (short EU and short UJ), that was why I had to accept "one survivor" outcome. It was kind of a hedged portfolio, both couldn't go wrong, at least in theory.

Below is the correlation chart for major pairs, it was a few days dated but still useful.

Attachments

• fx pairs percent chart2010Jan.PNG
    fx pairs percent chart2010Jan.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 170
Nice thread Leo, you have got my attention...nothing better than live calls and set ups, to keep us honest.

Your U/J short could be a good play to the bottom of the channel....top of channel at 90.32 in line with pivot/low on the 19th.

I'm looking to enter short if it breaks last 5 min swing low at 90.19