Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree. Definitely getting stretched. What do you think about EG? I'm going to pick up a long around .8675 and look for 20-30 pips.

EURGBP has been in a nice down trend. I wasn't trading for last 4 days.. otherwise.. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Red = selling for me. :)

eurgbp_2010Jan.png

Thanks for posting.

It's amazing how much that looks like a staircase downwards. That's about as consistent of a trend as you get in the trading world.

Thanks for posting.

It's amazing how much that looks like a staircase downwards. That's about as consistent of a trend as you get in the trading world.

Earlier, I flagged about EG break out from daily wedge in post #232 That was a directional call from daily chart.

From then on, it doesn't matter what you use in lower timeframe, either pullback or trend breakout, just SELL SELL SELL join the club - be trendy. Money management is the key here. (y)

watching EURGBP pullback to see if and where I can short it. GU is falling below 16280.

Just joined this thread and the first post i see is a trade directly in opposite way to me. I brought eur/gbp because of a two day trend break at 8 am

Just joined this thread and the first post i see is a trade directly in opposite way to me. I brought eur/gbp because of a two day trend break at 8 am

Hi Julian, welcome !

Sterling and euro are both weak this morning. My stop is just 10 pips. Let's see :)

average holding period for my positions is 1.8hrs. EG's ATR on the hourly is about 15pips. I may get stopped out within an hour.

yeah I am always looking to automate my trading so I can have a jolly time with my gf ... not so my way thou :(

thanks ill probably make this a regular thread to contribute and follow. Been on the site for 5 years but generally flip around. My stops 11 pips. My strategys are similar to others on this thread. I always look for a good r/r and take 1/2 off after about 15 pips, move to b/e and let the rest roll. I mainly use trendlines fromed over two days and patterns.

thanks ill probably make this a regular thread to contribute and follow. Been on the site for 5 years but generally flip around. My stops 11 pips. My strategys are similar to others on this thread. I always look for a good r/r and take 1/2 off after about 15 pips, move to b/e and let the rest roll. I mainly use trendlines fromed over two days and patterns.

whats your win/loss ratio if you dont mind?

It all comes down to money management even if we all use the same methodology.

I may sell EG again.. fingers cross..

My major weakness is not keeping accurate stats but its probably about 50 % losers 30% nice winners, and 20% make a little. Not sure what you mean by the trailing portion. I was well ahead last year but my discipline cost me **** loads in previous years.