Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no doubt that will be mentioned in the debate tonight. I cant believe the slating Clegg is getting in papers today, about a year ago I put £50 at 80/1 on libe dems to win most seats. I did this because I felt that as we were in the depth of a recession the sun may go for them for a change and this could lead to a surge. Before the debates I averaged out at 300/1 600/1. Im now looking at +30 if lab or cons win and 10k if dems win. I need a good debate tonight so price goes right in again. I put all of this in the political betting thread.A lot can happen in next few days so hoping to keep backing and laying to gain more. Anyway just thought Id share that with you

snapshot from betfair

Attachments

• snapshot-138.png
    snapshot-138.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 112
EU looking for 1.3350 over medium term

EU was trading 170pips higher when this was called last Friday! What a shame as it was hollow call. :eek: There were swing short entries on the way and yet I didn't get in. I will take them when I eventually take up swing trading. ;)

add: calling market direction is one thing, being able to capture the move is another:p

Last edited:
no doubt that will be mentioned in the debate tonight. I cant believe the slating Clegg is getting in papers today, about a year ago I put £50 at 80/1 on libe dems to win most seats. I did this because I felt that as we were in the depth of a recession the sun may go for them for a change and this could lead to a surge. Before the debates I averaged out at 300/1 600/1. Im now looking at +30 if lab or cons win and 10k if dems win. I need a good debate tonight so price goes right in again. I put all of this in the political betting thread.A lot can happen in next few days so hoping to keep backing and laying to gain more. Anyway just thought Id share that with you

let's not get too off thread but take a look at this in the Torygraph, but pay particular attention to the comments...smear campaigns are so late 90's, it ain't gonna fly, far more likely to shore up support for Clegg... "and tonight Matthew I'll be debating the illegal invasions in Iraq + Afghan" ...;) Polls will go into overdrive tommorow, he'll change his game and Brown + Cameron will be aping what worked for Clegg last week..Brown smiling, getting emotive, staring into the camera lens...:sick:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ele...neral-Election-2010-Nick-Clegg-uncovered.html

Cable - may go with the trend and try limit short at 377 stop 397

That was quick -20. May ignore Cable till the election results and go for something less choppy - like USD/CAD. Seems like a nice trending pair. Anybody trading Loonie?

long eur/usd at 1.3319 s/l 10

long eur/gbp at 8862 s/l 12

nice looking 60 min chart

Attachments

• snapshot-139.png
    snapshot-139.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 117
im hoping for a big move on one of these trades or both. Both are at crucial points on daily charts so hope it goes my way

For me GU, EU, UJ all heading south.. along with stock indices.

thankfully im not in any of those then.Ill just have to hope euro out performes £

Am out for a few hrs so have set 1st target of 8680 to take a 1/3rd off,2nd at 8720
not looking promising at mo

Forex markets getting "comfortable" with hung parliament, says Goldman

As the three main party leaders prepare for their latest TV debate tonight and investors brace for another Nick Clegg surge they need not be so worried about the knock-on effects for the pound, according to analysts at Goldman Sachs.

The Wall Street bank believes a hung parliament would not be such bad news for the pound after all. Fears of an unclear outcome at the election and polls pointing to a hung parliament have been blamed for much of the pound's weakness since late February.

But Goldman analysts add:

"But since then it appears FX markets have become a lot more comfortable with the prospect of a possible coalition government. This may also be due to the fact that all key parties seem to support a degree of fiscal consolidation in the foreseeable future.

"Moreover, following the first television debate the polls are now generally consistent with a minority government, of one kind or another. Overall, a hung parliament would surely come as less of a shock than it might have done some months ago.

"In addition, with a possible shift in BOE stance, Sterling could rally further, in particular against the Euro, where Greece-related risk factors remain high on the agenda."

stop hunting trip before bounce?

lol now -15 pips for week but down a lot more cash wise.Both trades were viable and were right of the bottom line. They look great when they come off and you look like a fool catching a knife when they go wrong.

I had my 2 losses for a day and stopped trading. If I continued - it could have been worse. I don't know if I'm out of tune or it may be something to do with today's funny price action.