Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just added a poll asking if I should close this thread.

I think it's quite a good thread. IMO good to keep it alive unless it affects your trading adversely (concentration)

PS Reminds me of Vaco's thread. I liked his posts (Cable), but he decided to go. I think it was a bit of a distraction to his trading.

Just added a poll asking if I should close this thread.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. You have shown that you can trade and call in real time. There arent many that are prepared to do that. It seems to, be a very quiet thread at the mo,there may be several reasons for this. There are many that post their journals,but not like this thread. I think your biggest problem is that maybe your engine is too complicated for most who pass by the thread.You also have losers which seems not to be part of many peoples trading strategy. Maybe a re lauch of the thread explaining again what you do and what is allowed on the thread and how it will help etc. People see a thread with 2000 posts and cant be bothered to read the 1st 10.
Keep going and thanks for what youve done

Thanks for the votes. I will take your suggestions on board.

IMO good to keep it alive unless it affects your trading adversely (concentration)

It did in Jan/Feb as more people joined in and I got distracted (show-off, over-trade, system tweaks etc).

I think your biggest problem is that maybe your engine is too complicated for most who pass by the thread.You also have losers which seems not to be part of many peoples trading strategy.

It's meant to be complicated (for others :cheesy:) As for the losers, can't help them. You can't get winners unless you study and learn from losers.

I see someone voted against it. I take it it was you Leo,what other reason would anyone have.If they dont like it they dont have to follow it

I see someone voted against it. I take it it was you Leo,what other reason would anyone have.If they dont like it they dont have to follow it

you'll be surprised if you knew who did it. it wasn't me, I'll publish the results when the voting is over

btw, I was visiting N Rothchilds thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91138-market-direction.html

I like it (y)

If I were to go for swing/position trading on futures, I will definitely hedge with options.

Euro Update
EU is going to fill the gap.

If I were to go for swing/position trading on futures, I will definitely hedge with options.

If you hedge a trade, aren't you basically just flat?

Have you got any good links for options trading?
How much does an option on 1 euro futures contract cost for example?
Does it depend on when the option expires and how far away the price is etc?? Who can you trade them with?
all new to me. thankyou

If you hedge a trade, aren't you basically just flat?

yes, it looks like 'flat' ( it's actually in the red at the start due to premiums paid). but it has unlimited upside with limited/neutral downside. No matter what you do with options, you still have to get market direction right ( except specific strategies to play volatility breakouts).

Have you got any good links for options trading?
How much does an option on 1 euro futures contract cost for example?
Does it depend on when the option expires and how far away the price is etc?? Who can you trade them with?
all new to me. thankyou

this is not the place for that, plus you'd better do your own research in that basic areas. just google it and you'll get tons of information!

EURUSD & GBPUSD came back to sellzones.. below 1.3600 & 1.5400 respectively. USDJPY is not ready.

Hi Leo, Julian and TL, IMHO you should set up a private forum on the site and trade, swap advice and explain your calls from there. Again (IMHO) it's (the private forum option) a much under utilised opportunity on the suite of T2W forums and I'm sure C.V. or Barjon can set it up for you. You're then free to invite who you want in, politely reject who you don't. Trade at your own pace, no added pressure or a by proxy sense of obligation.

In my relatively short time on T2W I've lost count of the journals and live trading threads that whither and die for a variety of reasons, a lot are started by sophists with hidden advertising/marketing agendae, but most genuine folk (such as you) simply give up on them because they reach a stage of asking "what's the point, given there's so little imput and thread activity?" With 200K members you'd expect more eh? You're at that stage now...

IMHO you are a v.good communicator, but like me you need trading to put the bread and the cakes with sugar on top (or fillet steak fried in baby oil ;) for Julian) on the table. It's a selfish occupation this trading lark, and it's been very big of you to take on and attempt to share amongst this community, but you must do what pleases you and not others, unless there's a commercial gain there is little point in keeping a thread such as this open to all...

BTW I didn't vote and I wish you all the best if you do shut up shop and move behind a veiled curtain...:)

That sounds good to me, my only worry is that people who would normally pass by the thread no longer would. It seems in the last week or so that some of the crap has dissapeared which means the thread is more the way it should be. Maybe some kind of re launch or as you say a private room.

Trailing stop - what a lovely tool.
This morning entered short and closed 1/2 at a reasonable 20. On the other half put a trailing stop (out of curiosity) - it went on and on (didn't want to interfere till it hits the stop).

At the moment waiting for a trend reversal. IMO Cable reached its low (138 pips daily range so far)
I'll wait till 14;00 and see what happens.

Trailing stop - what a lovely tool.
This morning entered short and closed 1/2 at a reasonable 20. On the other half put a trailing stop (out of curiosity) - it went on and on (didn't want to interfere till it hits the stop).

At the moment waiting for a trend reversal. IMO Cable reached its low (138 pips daily range so far)
I'll wait till 14;00 and see what happens.

well done (y) 1.5380 is the high from 17th March, a significant level ( very clear on H4 or H1 chart) A bounce from here will make way for a fresh up move.