Forex Day Trader's Thread

we just need oil to take a little dip tomorrow.. market got excited about the prospect of a very cold Feb. in the US.. seems overdone.. that's why I jumped on USD/CAD and I'm using some good support.

possibility of EUR/USD testing 1.4217 area...this has technically been a 61.8% retracement since dec. 16th. 60min moving averages seem to be converging, im looking for a short signal here in the near term to use some of today momentum.

what im referring to

Attachments

• 2009-12-28-PROPHET.png
    2009-12-28-PROPHET.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 137
check the 4hr chart man.. there's 2 SMA lines crossing at 1.4365 ,, if spot can break those you might as well let it run rather than taking profit right after the break.. seems like you'll have to do a lot of hard work and take a lot of risk only to cash in early..

check the 4hr chart man.. there's 2 SMA lines crossing at 1.4365 ,, if spot can break those you might as well let it run rather than taking profit right after the break.. seems like you'll have to do a lot of hard work and take a lot of risk only to cash in early..

Pippy5000,

i've been trying to find you for a long time on trade2win after taking your advice on cable a few months back. I believe at the time I took a 130 pip movement going long. Many thanks!

What are your thoughts on GBP/USD at present?

I am going long from 1.6006 with t/p 1.6040.......

Thanks

I'm generally long the USD vs. everything except maybe the JPY.. Sell Cable on another attempt at previous resistance at 1.602 with a very tight stop and you'll have a nice risk/reward situation. The trend is down..

Anything's possible for the next few days though man.. I'm using half-sized orders this week with larger than normal stops to account for silliness via the will of the few ;)

I'm generally long the USD vs. everything except maybe the JPY.. Sell Cable on another attempt at previous resistance at 1.602 with a very tight stop and you'll have a nice risk/reward situation. The trend is down..

Anything's possible for the next few days though man.. I'm using half-sized orders this week with larger than normal stops to account for silliness via the will of the few ;)

Thanks for that! I can definately see where ur coming from with regards to the dollar strength.

I currently have a trade selling the dollar with a t/p at 1.6040 which i'm thinking will trigger. Would love to go short from those levels if reached!??????????

aaahhh, bless trade to win. The only place where it's possible for someone in Scotland to chat to someone in the states about trading the pound against the dollar!

I'd rather you entered 1.603 and took profit at 1.607 .. there's no resistance or reason to take profit at 1.604

GBPUSD20091228221256.GIF

i can see where ur coming from! however, im currently unable to close off any positions with my platform (not a good thing in this situation).

im going £3 per point long on cable. from 1.6006 Where would u recommend i have a stop at?

eeek.. always use a really tight stop on counter-trend trades.. to do otherwise really opens the door for a devastating loss.

eeek.. always use a really tight stop on counter-trend trades.. to do otherwise really opens the door for a devastating loss.

lol, i know!

with regards to my counter trend trade, I have placed a stop at 1.5990 with my t/p remaining at 1.6040.

totally appreciate your advice! lets see where we are come 7-8am and who knows, i might see an opportunity to go short....(no point following the market, if i've missed the opportunity to go short come morning, then i've missed it)!

Thanks