Forex Day Trader's Thread

Do you guys mess with gold? I was considering a "cheeky" long-term short with maybe 2 mini-lots just for the F of it ..

Think Rothschild does a bit of gold. What sort of profit were you looking to take on a short? Something <$1000? Depends what you think the $ is going to do. I'd probably take longs on retraces but that's a bit dull for you.

No, the price is astronomically high right now.. I kick myself everyday for not buying oil at $25 .. this would be a chance to grab gold when it's super expensive and short the shiny little critter.

I'll put in an order for 1 mini-lot short at $1050 on my backup account so I don't have my screen cluttered with the trade..

300 pips with a 300 pip target would be a normal sized 30/30 trade .. I can be spectacularly wrong with minimal damage.

I heard talking heads talking about it going to 1250 or something like that if the recession continues for a long time.. if so, I'm still ok.. if not, I'll be fine.. it's more of an entertainment trade because either way it's not worth jumping up and down about or crying over..

That should buy you a position for some time (assuming it doesn't move at a rate like today.) I guess you wouldn't average on it in the worst-case? I'd probably short if I had to choose a direction but i'd rather not hold it for that period of time. There's a lot of uncertainty out there and it could easily cause gold to keep going.

A better mini-lot trade would be EUR/CHF long 1.503 .. the SNB keep causing it to pop big time.. I bet you could grab $200 with 1 mini-lot on minimal risk.. but I won't do a full lot on it because the trade basically relies on continued intervention.

Daily triple bottom in ninja is worthy of note.. particularly because I'm long from that bottom and holding ;)

Meh.. ok short XAU/USD 1150 300/-300 on $10,000 :LOL: what? I don't trade gold!

EUR/CHF long -100 +250 on $10,000 at 1.503 ..

bonafide..

I don't know if the SNB makes money on the trades or not but they seem to be serious about the message.. each stop run seems to get worse and worse.. whoever is short EUR/CHF must be using tiny stops or is a fool.

oh I didn't even look out side :cheesy: going to bed now, see you tomorrow