Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like back to 330 before another go lower...

i think the good retail sales today has cancelled out the bad earnings today........i feel its 50/50 at the mo to whether its gonna break up or down from this range. Maybe we will find out after luch time

hmm no more lower then... I had to get out breakeven, I was short from 333
wanted to see this go to 250
too bad

good short 250 looked on to me. looked like it had some up room in it but wasn't expecting that much. got to be careful today just realizing im married to an opinion a bit so need to keep a clear head.

yeah i did thanks, nothing there, ill check cnbc

funny that the news out today has not been that bad and still the market is flat, maybe this is further evidence we are heading south when it breaks or maybe im just wishing and hoping and chatting more rubbish

US is on the edge of a recession. Greenie and Benny trying their best to talk it up but GE results for instance tell a different story !

It looks to me in the longer term the West are really going to have to change their strategy to cope with the Emerging economies. Bumbling along in the same old way is no longer good enough !

It looks to me in the longer term the West are really going to have to change their strategy to cope with the Emerging economies. Bumbling along in the same old way is no longer good enough !

pat as your trading daily future s&p i'm guessing thats spread betting?

whats your spread out of interest and why not do the dow?

pat as your trading daily future s&p i'm guessing thats spread betting?

whats your spread out of interest and why not do the dow?

Hi BD
Youre right I trade SB. The spread on the Dow is 4 points and 0.4 on the S&P. I guess I haven't really got the confidence to lay out bigger bucks yet. Crawling before walking ? The large deposit puts me off IB too.
What do you use ?

Hi BD
Youre right I trade SB. The spread on the Dow is 4 points and 0.4 on the S&P. I guess I haven't really got the confidence to lay out bigger bucks yet. Crawling before walking ? The large deposit puts me off IB too.
What do you use ?

SB with IG Dow= 4 point spread and S&P is 0.6.

however you can set a tighter stop on S&P and the deposit factor is less.

I use Fins the minimum bet size is only 50p. Better than paper trading. Sounds a bit pathetic I know but I'm still in the game whereas a lot of others disappeared down the plughole. Organic growth that's my motto - and I ain't talking vegetables here

I use Fins the minimum bet size is only 50p. Better than paper trading. Sounds a bit pathetic I know but I'm still in the game whereas a lot of others disappeared down the plughole. Organic growth that's my motto - and I ain't talking vegetables here

What are fins like, Pat?
Im looking for a broker where I can trade small stakes (less than £1 per point) to try out some new things. I was all set to go with 'abn amro' as i liked their demo but recently learnt that they require a £1000 deposit to open the account.

Heard lots of negative things over the years about finspreads, but it look like they might be my only option....

cheers

evening all,looks like the s+p's put in a 1:1 on the 5 min chart and should be on its way down to new lows now.

What are fins like, Pat?
Im looking for a broker where I can trade small stakes (less than £1 per point) to try out some new things. I was all set to go with 'abn amro' as i liked their demo but recently learnt that they require a £1000 deposit to open the account.

Heard lots of negative things over the years about finspreads, but it look like they might be my only option....

cheers

Hi,
They have a bad habit of denying access when the market is motoring sometimes, but generally pretty good and require only a small deposit. They are the only company for under £1 per point that I know of.

i think the good retail sales today has cancelled out the bad earnings today........i feel its 50/50 at the mo to whether its gonna break up or down from this range. Maybe we will find out after luch time

Did I misread this piece of news.

U.S. Economy: Retail Sales Rise on Gain in Gasoline (Update1)

How can this be classed as good news?

My take on this is 100%+100% bad news... (n) Let's see if we can get another $200bn thrown into the economy... :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.