Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but a rising wedge is a bearish pattern...

Correct , a rising wedge is a possible indicator of weakening mom in the uptrending market.
So , a rising wedge in an uptrend would have you tightening stops ,but the same pattern in a downtrend would be a continuation pattern to enter short.

I'm expecting the dow to go to 565 in the next hour.

If so this will mean at least a gap close to 600 before 3pm....

May I ask why the DOW will be back up at 600 by 3pm? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I am new to trading, just trying to understand as much as I can. Thanks.

Futures showing 562 with 20 mins to go :D still time to jump aboard.

May I ask why the DOW will be back up at 600 by 3pm? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I am new to trading, just trying to understand as much as I can. Thanks.

I am of the opinion that there is an opening gap between the implied dow cash price and the closing value of the dow yesterday.
There are a number of threads around on the subject of "gap filling" and I think we fit the criteria today. The test of 565 in that timeframe was one of my indicators.
Hope that helps a little.

I am of the opinion that there is an opening gap between the implied dow cash price and the closing value of the dow yesterday.
There are a number of threads around on the subject of "gap filling" and I think we fit the criteria today. The test of 565 in that timeframe was one of my indicators.

Another confirmation for me would be a touch of 575 on the futures before 1:30.

Fwiw, I'd have to side with you. Probabilities favour a gap fill, but ofcourse there are no guarantees as to whether we'll actually see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.