Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
poll!

=> was I

(a) greedy
(b) foolish
(c) patient

not to take profits when I had +50 in the bag?

either way, I'm still long, but price is back at my entry :rolleyes:

From an intraday technical perspective, the trade was fine. Couldhave moved stop.

From an intraday technical perspective, the trade was fine. Couldhave moved stop.

Yeah... the "normal" plan is to move the stop to breakeven after a certain point.
I've switched that because I kept getting taken out after a decent move retraced back to my entry. Watch how it did exactly that this time... I left my stop where it was this time and see how it's gone up again.

Yeah... the "normal" plan is to move the stop to breakeven after a certain point.
I've switched that because I kept getting taken out after a decent move retraced back to my entry. Watch how it did exactly that this time... I left my stop where it was this time and see how it's gone up again.

I understand. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself with, foolish or greedy. By the way i agree with your bullish view, i've left my 210 trade looking for the 300 mark at least (maybe not today) not put a stop on, i'll let you know on exit, can't be bothered typing loads.;)

I understand. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself with, foolish or greedy. By the way i agree with your bullish view, i've left my 210 trade looking for the 300 mark at least (maybe not today) not put a stop on, i'll let you know on exit, can't be bothered typing loads.;)

well... perhaps I'm being overly protective now - after being too greedy first - but I'm going to take +60 at 12250 here, and leave the other half running... we'll see what happens

good luck on your long too!

Wow...this threads come back to life!

Been catching up. Some awesome trading by Firewalker and Paul71. As for the 'new kid' -Devilicus - I am in awe. Have no idea how you keep doing it!? Not seen anything like it since the early days of DC2000 (old school members will remember his earlier calls)

Enjoyed today guys, thanks for putting up wiith me, i may trouble you all tomoz, ta ta.

well... perhaps I'm being overly protective now - after being too greedy first - but I'm going to take +60 at 12250 here, and leave the other half running... we'll see what happens

good luck on your long too!

and here we are... 300!

out at 300 for +110...
might still go higher though but target reached

Obscure trendline......

Spx hit obscure uptrend line on friday so we could get a nice rise today....... poss to 1330...maybe even 1335........... We'll see...

THIS IS ONLY A GUESS....:)

The short opps are easy to see so I thought I'd consider the flipside

Marginal lows on spx gave weight to my idea about a "nice rise" off obscure trendline...
we bounced about 16pts (160 dow points).... at one stage... tho not quite to 1330 but we came pretty close.................:cheesy:

But twas only a guess.........

With ftse testing last weeks swing highs and dow essentially flat .......... ftse is my main target.... in that it will reach it's apex before the dow....

In addition, if dow is to start a surge it's relatively cheap (4me) with 12 240 stp

Mr Shot said the young boy......... Yes what is it said Mr Shot
Little Fella: But the dow is not flat anymore is +80 WOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.