Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so close on the fundamentals to a melt down. Some small bounce yes but 10,000 in sight imo.

Who thinks we will touch 14000 by the end of this year compared to 10000? 2000 either way?

These are the odds available, betting closes once you have a touch of either figure:

10,000 - 4/6
14,000 - 8/1
Neither - 5/2

DJI - (CASH - 11/3)

LONG - 11,765
SHORT - 12,190 - (to close)

50 quid x 425 = 21,250.00 (GBP)

(booster rockets under the dow today) - PHEW........ !!:-0(y)

Am I missing something?
When was this trade by theroguetrader posted?
thanks

No you are not missing something. There isn't a report of it until after the event.
But then again I suppose this shouldn't be surprising. For some people trading is still about ego and posting whatever makes them look good after the fact is one way of satisfying this need.

lol...Doesn't matter.
Hookshots reaction made me think that i'd missed a realtime call by you which would have annoyed me, but it looks to be one of the old fantom hindsight trades.

No you are not missing something. There isn't a report of it until after the event.
But then again I suppose this shouldn't be surprising. For some people trading is still about ego and posting whatever makes them look good after the fact is one way of satisfying this need.

" But then again I suppose this shouldn't be surprising. For some people trading is still about ego and posting whatever makes them look good after the fact is one way of satisfying this need " -

if thats directed at myself - (and youve been doing this as long as i have) - you can comment -
its a forum DOW 2008

in fact, i wish id gone long on FOUR different markets today - i would then be EVEN HAPPIER..... !! :sleep:

lol...Doesn't matter.
Hookshots reaction made me think that i'd missed a realtime call by you which would have annoyed me, but it looks to be one of the old fantom hindsight trades.

im too busy to " real time " call anyone as it goes - im too busy looking at stoopid candlesticks and other boring meaningless things -

(dya REALLY think the DJI is gonna fall SO FAR SHORT - without making a recovery)..?
:-0

err, i hope the 7 fig sum i have in my spreadbetting account isnt " phantom "

and if youve gotta spare $840,000.00 ish - maybe you could buy my IMM membership off me (the day job) - and when i can be bothered getting off my lazy ass and going to Chicago (if you knew how cold it gets you wouldnt either), my
trading floor badge is Green) - !!

(im bored of work FULL STOP)......... !! :sleep:

If you ever plan on going to Chicago, best not to mention 'spreadbetting' on your resume.

As for all your other claims, we are all millionaires here, did't you know that? The only difference is, we don't shout about it.

Posts like yours make me tired to be honest... :sleep: :sleep:

im too busy to " real time " call anyone as it goes - im too busy looking at stoopid candlesticks and other boring meaningless things -

(dya REALLY think the DJI is gonna fall SO FAR SHORT - without making a recovery)..?
:-0

I'm sure you know what you're looking for or what you're looking at, at the time you supposedly took that trade. But if you can't post them "real time" there's little use in posting them at the end of the day.

What you could do - if you truly are as good as you say you are - is show us some charts and movitation as to why you took an entry here or there. At least that way, some people could learn from others. In case you weren't aware - and since you've only been a member since recently one could be forgiven - this site is about learning and sharing knowledge.

Good trading to you.

I'm sure you know what you're looking for or what you're looking at, at the time you supposedly took that trade. But if you can't post them "real time" there's little use in posting them at the end of the day.

What you could do - if you truly are as good as you say you are - is show us some charts and movitation as to why you took an entry here or there. At least that way, some people could learn from others. In case you weren't aware - and since you've only been a member since recently one could be forgiven - this site is about learning and sharing knowledge.

Good trading to you.

Its not a case of being " bad or good " (im more concerned about placing stops correctly than chasing profits as it goes)
I personally think a methodical/calculating type trader is a better trader than one who " slam dunks " trades all the time anyway) - it just is what it is - id like to think everyone is in it for the learning and experience - ill be honest - a lot of the technicals i see on here are awsome -
but i just dont use them - i know loads of floor and screen based traders that SWEAR by
degree level pure mathematical calculations - theres even a spec who works on the NYSE who goes out and plays the DIDGERIDOO on the pavement when the markets slack - (dreds included) - i kid you not...!!

i learn off EVERYONE on here as it goes - (but im a scouser and some people would say i have yet to learn English - never mind numbers) :eek:

Ill post my trades in real time sure -(but you might get a bit bored by the lack of/length of em).... (if i can put the stop in the correct place - ill take the trade - if i cant i wont) ..!!

Great trading to yourself of course.. !! :)

If you ever plan on going to Chicago, best not to mention 'spreadbetting' on your resume.

As for all your other claims, we are all millionaires here, did't you know that? The only difference is, we don't shout about it.

Posts like yours make me tired to be honest... :sleep: :sleep:[/QUOTE

a 5 quid bet here and there is hardly something to shout a bout - but apologies for not putting huge amounts of technical data on here - :-0

(why would i have a resume when i work for myself)..? : (and Chicago is COLD in the winter) - believe me on that one if nothing else..!!

Good trading to you.

if its a spreadbet

1) I trade off a DAILY chart
2) I put the stop in the CORRECT place - (USING THAT DAILY CHART) - !! - (which will be big compared to most peoples regular trades) - (and their usually quite small because of this)
3) I try (with my small un technical mind) to always try and remember the bigger picture
4) Im not in it for 20 points here and there every 2 mins - its NOT a judgement - just more my style of trading..
5) I follow candlestick charts - JUST a preference - thats all - !!

If your asking me for something to motivate others - i would say - (and its so overlooked) - is work on YOUR DISCIPLINE and PSYCHOLOGY...... !!
(the run on NR is prob the BEST example of herd behaviour we will EVER see) -
Im sorry, i just like to work on those aspects as opposed to working my way through masses of technical data - thats just me - !!

Posts like yours make me tired to be honest... :sleep: :sleep:

todays " real - time spreadbets " - !!

sorry i didnt provide masses of technical data and reasoned insight..!!
(please feel free to tell me where to close -)

lol...Doesn't matter.

the " phantom hindsight trades " are open -
Please feel free to advise me when to close em .. !! :|

Caught every point possible yesterday at £400 per point personally :rolleyes: :LOL:

Lets try and keeps trades realtime, eh?

in real time they are - !!

Please tell me where to get off as the charts are in the wrong place for a long term trade for me, so im at the mercy of the candles - :|

Status
Not open for further replies.