Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he wasn't a muslim.I'm sure Al Qaeda are trying for something like this.

not all us muslims are terrorists, please don't make offensive sweeping generalisations like that. I've got a thick skin but other muslims might be offended.

a'salam alla'kum

This time around I think it's a bit premature (unless you're going for a scalp or something of that magnitude)... given the overnight action and yesterday's apparent "pressure" that kept any attempt to go even remotely lower in check, I'm waiting to short until a clearer signal comes in! More patience required from me today :whistling

Looks like yo were right my man. Still holding it here expecting lower prices but will re-think should we break the 12470 area....

Shorts are (have been) running scared so "they" have them on the backfoot - what better time to pump it higher? Anything near 12550...(tho it may overshoot so HS's target may be better) looking to put out a few shorts....

Question is: was the FED rate cut in response to the Soc Gen a la LTCM? And Will they still cut again Next week...

I doubt it as number of banks already announced losses much bigger than this Junior chappy. Anyway SocGen and France are big enough to take a loss like this.

I have the DOW going up still. 500-800 well within site.

My shock is now they are talking about another cut when the Fed meets. Amazing.

Anybody seen gold? :clap:

Anybody seen gold? :clap:

mmmm Bloomberg saying some production mines have power failure hence the rise? $1200 this year some analyst thought...... (y)

one assumes that power will be restored so cant see that story fitting the rise too good... I mean power cut not exactly a terrorist threat going off is it, some blokes nicked the fuse I bet, for the kettle, be back on soon... :D

mmmm Bloomberg saying some production mines have power failure hence the rise? $1200 this year some analyst thought...... (y)

one assumes that power will be restored so cant see that story fitting the rise too good... I mean power cut not exactly a terrorist threat going off is it, some blokes nicked the fuse I bet, for the kettle, be back on soon... :D

More like Fed's lot's a screw - total disregard to the value of the dollar or inflation...

You can't change fundamentals by tweaking rates. Short term solution for a long term meltdown... :smart:

Well this is a boring days action. Still holding my 12401 short posted late last night.
Came very close to stopping me out but luckily by 'stop zone' seemed to send it down fairly quickly.
We shall see.

Well this is a boring days action. Still holding my 12401 short posted late last night.
Came very close to stopping me out but luckily by 'stop zone' seemed to send it down fairly quickly.
We shall see.

Patience Devilicus. I told you it was only a matter of finding the right entry ;)

anyone up for an intraday long 242 - 542

Which day did you have in mind ?

I have support line base breaks both on time and inside time...multi T F.....hard to see anything but downside until proper support is found.

As I type support is found....now looking for a low 200 cash long scalp to round off the day

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Here is my take on the week ahead...

On the weeklies, this original chart is still in play and has perfectly bounced off the blue S&R support line. It's possible this can go all the way to 12800 and even 13000. But I really can't see it climbing above 13000. So we may have a test of these levels in the next two weeks perhaps.

On the daily charts the full range of the pivot points was tested on Friday. Also the candle stick Hanging man or spinning tops covering last two days falls looks bullish to me. So I reckon the rise will continue.

12000s may be tested again but if it holds I'd be looking to go long at support.

If 12000s are breached then falls to 11200s not impossible in all this fear and turmoil in the markets. 60/40 bullish this week.

Good trading everyone.

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-2008Jan27.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-2008Jan27.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-2008Jan27-daily.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-2008Jan27-daily.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 164
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-2008Jan27-daily-b.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-2008Jan27-daily-b.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 172
still buying rumour and selling the news although right now I have jumped off long and would want a price of 12241 to get back in

still buying rumour and selling the news although right now I have jumped off long and would want a price of 12241 to get back in

Looks like enough gusto to storm past 12500. If that's the case then only a matter of time before 12800 tested imo.

Looks like enough gusto to storm past 12500. If that's the case then only a matter of time before 12800 tested imo.

Hmmm that might spoil my plans a little Im looking to short hard in the morning premarket FTSE will be the signal @5912

Will it work again........?

Old Faithful is to buy the intraday dip 4 rally into the 7pm (before fed decision) on us indices...with europeans... closing well..at 4.30pm...

I'm looking to try the trick one more time........:LOL:

I'm looking to sell any fed spike....in the late month 610/620..
800 2gud2btrue......:cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.