Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow now thats what you call a short squeeze, popped out for 30 mins and couldnt believe my eyes nearly 400 points up, where the hell did that come from?

Looks like the drinks are on Dinos again

Guys just reading your blogs and looks like I missed the party whilst watching some 1933 GPO films in black and white at the BFI. :|

I couldn't believe my eyes seeing the DOW almost back up at 11000.

Phenomenal. Well done to everyone who captured those pips.

Wow now thats what you call a short squeeze, popped out for 30 mins and couldnt believe my eyes nearly 400 points up, where the hell did that come from?

WOO HOO.

Bling Bling Boys, hope ya'll made good gains, I sure dide! :clap:

I might be shorting these highs tonight, I doubt it will hold. We're near resistance, so it would be risky to buy, unless our indicators show another rally tomorrow.

K, It looks like we're in the process of gapping up...

I didn't short...yet, but I think a good short entry is coming up.

Ah, wonderful. Hitting some nice weekly highs...I've got my bet on the table and we'll see if these highs hold.

NQ is almost at where it closed last friday (1779 level), but it still hasn't come "out of the hole" so to speak...which means we're still in a down trend.

This is resistance, but we'll have to see if everyone buys or decides to sell the gain...not 100% sure yet.

K, It looks like we're in the process of gapping up...

I didn't short...yet, but I think a good short entry is coming up.

looks like this is the usual futures and options rally - only this time in 6 hours ! instead of the week...a bit more left and could be a nice short:D

Could?! No, it WILL be a good short. There's absolutely no reason to short squeeze so high and hold, we'll need to test those new bottoms or come within sight of it. BUSHY and FRAUD FED have been fluffing the news with fake happy crap...

I've taken my position near the highest high and so far so good. If I'm stopped oh well, the R:R for this trade is going to be 1:4 or possibly as high as 1:6/7 ! If I lose, no big loss or worry.

NQ couldn't push up into the 1770's so I figure we're still in a muddy rut. It might rally today..or maybe go contrary of the majority opinion and sell down a bit, followed by a small rally or large squeeze.

everyone seems to be trying to pick 1-3 bottoms, which tells me we're not bottomed yet... maybe close.

MAYBE I'm so wrong lol. Wacky bear market...

Hi all,

Just a point and no offence intended on anyone, my contributions to the board are not as much as others and I said I would post a few live trades, can I ask if, rather than say you made /loss XXX points, enter a live trade, commit yourself for all to see, show your entry/exit immediately, rather than just quoting how many points you made, anybody can do that.

Not sure if you`re talking about me Dinos?

But just to clear things up I never traded the 400 point + rally, I just noted that it had gone up by this much since I was away from my screen, wish to god I had of done.

Still happy though as bought some bank stocks yesterday which have gone through the roof :D

Well...that's 1000 point rise in under 24 hrs Dow cash....roughly 10%....:LOL:

.......BULL ****......

14:29 update...1100 points...UTTER BULL ****

Oh well guys, they rallied and it didn't continue during active hours. It gapped up and couldn't hold the high of 1800's on the NQ...This is called a "Bull Trap" !! I slept in and took the day off which was very nice. My short was stopped out, so no big loss.

I'm looking to sell the NQ at or around 1800's, because I don't believe the bottom has been put in yet (could be wrong, but if we don't rally next week, we'll know).

Have a good weekend guys and gals! good trading.

Yes Dino, we should post our entry and exit...

next week I'll give it a go and try to post specifics for each trade.

EDIT: Also notice that Gold made a run up this week...money is pouring into the "safe" haven metal and so the indices can't stay too high with the price of gold where it is. There's a lot of economic concerns floating around still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.