Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had a similar move today to what happened last week!

on monday 18th & 25th @ 11am GMT it gives a cheeky rise then dumps afterwards...

interesting!

A "Cheeky" rise! lol nice phrase.

Monday's are known for selling, we should all know that. Today I missed big profit because I didn't nail the short as hard as I could.

tomorrow, more selling or a rise? who knows. Maybe a slight rise and then downward. We'll see. Good luck and good trading to all.

Atilla-Congrats on letting your winning trade run all the way. That usually means you're nailing the trades pretty well. It's good to go through the "motions."

My problem is that I don't let my trades run long enough, so I work on slowly trailing profit and then I let the market hit my stop @ profit.

A "Cheeky" rise! lol nice phrase.

Monday's are known for selling, we should all know that. Today I missed big profit because I didn't nail the short as hard as I could.

tomorrow, more selling or a rise? who knows. Maybe a slight rise and then downward. We'll see. Good luck and good trading to all.

given what i said friday im wondering why i didnt short from early on?:eek:

oh well always today to nail it...

Oscar a bit off yesterday but what tenacity !!:cheesy:
He's hanging in there .... er Wall St I guess

Attachments

• ForgotHisStops.jpg
    ForgotHisStops.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 121
trading in a range -

resistance 11415 8.20 GMT & 12.17 GMT
support 11363 @ 9.22 GMT & 13.10 GMT

oils pushing up from lows of $112 and the dow is rebounding from support @ 11363 just touched @ 13.10 GMT dow wants to go north even with oil up...

first target 11400 just before the open - dont think well get 11415 before the open.

housing data.. data out at 9am ET and 10 am ET

I'm usually a bit cautious before 3.00 GMT.
It often takes a little time to see the trend

Oil UP $5
Gold UP $2

watch home sales figs out in 1 min

Last edited:
Thx ff
Apparently a hurricane is looming in the Gulf - that should I think send oil up a bit more ?

Thx ff
Apparently a hurricane is looming in the Gulf - that should I think send oil up a bit more ?

erm i heard about it on bloomberg and theyre raving about it in the metals thread im more inclined to look at the DXY for the kick off in the move- it peaked at 77.67 after a mad rise at 8am GMT.. its the highest its been on my chart for yonks, started coming down at 1pm when oil/gold was pushing up. Now at 77.21.. ive got in the habit of taking the numbers down with movement direction and then can ascertain the oil play.

the hurricane would certainly exacerbate the trend.

were just having a replay of the past week, on monday 25th aug, its was a carbon copy of monday 18th augfor the dow.

these oil /gold shennanigans are the same as thursday 21st aug when the dollar fell back..

trading in ranges and getting some nice zigzags and U shaped charts..

if the DXY goes sub 77.23 then oil should push to the highs today at least.

anyway lets see how it pans out

Wow this is terrible.
Stopped out of most of my trades and it's just bonking around...

maybe we'll trend eventually here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.