Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
been in a tight range for the last hour now, can only guess which way it will break but i'm short from 620 with stop at BE

I shorted this sucker from the top, stopped out with a nice profit, then lost 20pts going long.
Not such a bad day, but I only made 60ish points..my short could have made me so much more!
I guess I shouldn't complain with 2% gain on my total account!

I'm finished for the day, good trading!

Nope, this think needs to reverse eventually. Tomorrow could be another down day.
The charts are saying to sell...could DOW possibly go down to previous lows in 10's???
I think it might just happen. USD is kind of stalling and Wallstreet Journal is saying a correction is due from the highs...and so will DOW.

Hold your pants up and look for those SHORTS!

Last edited:
Nope, this think needs to reverse eventually. Tomorrow could be another down day.
The charts are saying to sell...could DOW possibly go down to previous lows in 10's???
I think it might just happen. USD is kind of stalling and Wallstreet Journal is saying a correction is due from the highs...and so will DOW.

Hold your pants up and look for those SHORTS!

i went long @ 8.00pm GMT. watching it carefully.

current short term uptrend is still holding imho. we need a close below 11400 for it to be well and truly broken.

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 126
If today's move didn't signal a down trend, then tomorrow we are due for a recovery rally.
I'm thinking it will consolidate some more tomorrow...the financials are not looking so good.

down trend, down trend, low opening! lots of negative news, get ready for down direction.

Tropical storm Fay not rising prices in crude because it's going to miss the oil rigs in the golf.

I don't know if recovery will happen, large gap down has already occurred. 11400 has been breached.
Just be prepared.

Home Depot, DOW stock, is going to report better than expected earnings and USD still in rally mode...
so let's see if crude will stay down too.

Home Depot, DOW stock, is going to report better than expected earnings and USD still in rally mode...
so let's see if crude will stay down too.

crude touched the low on the pivot, dow should come up for air around 11400. from there probably a sell off on the open but could we be seeking gains or realising we are in a pickle...

DANG, WHIPSAW.

I'm getting banged up over here, but I have my stop set for a moderate loss...
This thing should be falling, but I could be wrong. It's looking weak and MA's turning down.

EDIT: short is in profit, but looking for more downward movement.

EDIT: Gossip in another chat room for Think or Swim: DOW heading toward 11300 flat. Ideas? comments? What do you all see going on?

Last edited:
ranging tightly at the moment 11330- 11350ish if it breaks downwards from here i think it will go as low as 11280 but i think it might be whippy going down, i missed my short entry on the bounce back up to 11380 and now i'm struggling to find a safe entry that wont need a large stop to go short

Status
Not open for further replies.