Dow 2007

Pat494 said:
My automatic search pattern EOD software has given a short signal on the S&P !!
I'm in for a short and you know how bullish I am normally !!
:)

right.. gone 1 short on S&P.. dedicated to Pat :)

Any idea what the target is?

Pat494 said:
My automatic search pattern EOD software has given a short signal on the S&P !!
I'm in for a short and you know how bullish I am normally !!
:)

Excellent call! - glad I listened :)

karmit said:
right.. gone 1 short on S&P.. dedicated to Pat :)

Any idea what the target is?

Phew glad that was OK - so far so good.
Your guess is probably better than mine as to target.
I am listening to Benny saying his views on the US debt. Not too upbeat !!

Nasdaq smells of a decent correction here
Hopefully options expiry does not support the markets artificially??

Cheers

Looks like the DOW is defying gravity - again..so will it be the DOW or NDX that leads the way..? Feels like a rubber band being stretched to it's limit ..sure to give way soon? :rolleyes:

....& what a very *reluctant* fall the Dow put in...but it's heartening to see it fade away after the cash market closed. (as an aside, I owe Bernanke a beer .- at 3.00pm he started his speech & the DAX tanked about 50 points in 20 mins...great stuff!)

Surprised the FTSE hasn't reflected the after hours fade. ....I'd expect some whippy action on that at 8.00am tomorrow!

Overall, I sense the tide may just be reluctantly starting to turn....

catracho said:
Looks like the DOW is defying gravity - again..so will it be the DOW or NDX that leads the way..? Feels like a rubber band being stretched to it's limit ..sure to give way soon? :rolleyes:

'I'm like a rubber band'
'I'll come bouncing back to you'

Now, who was it, that sang that beautiful melody? :rolleyes:

cheers - Tricks

hobby said:
....& what a very *reluctant* fall the Dow put in...but it's heartening to see it fade away after the cash market closed. (as an aside, I owe Bernanke a beer .- at 3.00pm he started his speech & the DAX tanked about 50 points in 20 mins...great stuff!)

Surprised the FTSE hasn't reflected the after hours fade. ....I'd expect some whippy action on that at 8.00am tomorrow!

Overall, I sense the tide may just be reluctantly starting to turn....

Slight sniff of U Boats Hobby? I can see the whites of thier eyes, and just need to hear the claxton! :LOL:

tricks said:
'I'm like a rubber band'
'I'll come bouncing back to you'

Now, who was it, that sang that beautiful melody? :rolleyes:

cheers - Tricks

Might have been Bobby Darin ?
Wonder where he is now ?

Pat494 said:
Might have been Bobby Darin ?
Wonder where he is now ?

Forgive me for being 'off topic' fellow traders, but I'm sure you'll all agree, that there is also a life beyond trading.

Hi Pat,

Actually, it was Bobby Vee who recorded 'Rubber Ball' and poor old Bobby Darin died in 1973.
Both great artists! Bobby Vee is still performing.

Back to the markets, nice H & S forming on the 15 and 30 min on the Dow, but, hey, what does that count for? And, twice I could have taken 30 points profit today! Fear and greed springs to mind. :rolleyes:

Then again, I am looking for a break of support and 200 points! Pleeeese.

Last edited:
[Good on you tricks. I am in your club. Short on the dow at 12560 and not looking back till it reaches 12350

L'experience est la lanterne qui eclaire le chemin parcouru !! :cool:

didier said:
[Good on you tricks. I am in your club. Short on the dow at 12560 and not looking back till it reaches 12350

Hi Didier,

May your path also be well lit!

cheers - Tricks

P.S. I'm not fluent in French, so I hope my response is correct?

tricks said:
Forgive me for being 'off topic' fellow traders, but I'm sure you'll all agree, that there is also a life beyond trading.

Hi Pat,

Actually, it was Bobby Vee who recorded 'Rubber Ball' and poor old Bobby Darin died in 1973.
Both great artists! Bobby Vee is still performing.

Thanks for putting me right on the Bobbys. Half right - a bit like my trading :) .
Hope you all got a few points in the bag before IT motored north again. I have a BUY signal now on my EOD system for Monday.
PS I'm not sure what parcouru means either - think you may have got the gist of it though ???
Seem to have mislaid my French dico

L'experience est la lanterne qui eclaire le chemin parcouru !!

I' m always fascinated in the AltaVista's Babel Fish Translation of foreign phrases as it has a poetical creativity all of its own :

"The experiment is the lantern which eclaire the traversed way"

didier said:
[

J'ai longtemps parcouru son corps
Effleuré cent fois son visage
Trouvé de l'or
Et même quelques étoiles en essuyant ses larmes
J'ai appris par coeur la pureté de ses formes
parfois je les dessine encore
elle fait partie de moi

I ran through her body for so long
Brushed a hundred times against her face
Found gold
and even some stars when wiping her tears.
I learnt by heart the purity of her curves
sometimes I draw them again
she's a part of me.

Well there we are then

Last edited:
Nice day for bears, big smile on my face, banked 100 + 100 pips on both dow and sp, may have rushed it, there is plenty of downside left, but I need to go away from the screen for few hours and I don't want to see any gains wiped out by a reversal

mark twain uk said:
Hi Pat, are you still short?

Nice poem.

Do you think there may be a reversal (on the Dow) of some sorts after such a large downturn ?

Nick

mark twain uk said:
Hi Pat, are you still short?

Nice poem.
Hi mark,
Teddy bears picnic so far today.
I am still short the S&P. My Dow forecast hopelessly wrong. Thought it would be the other way around. Perhaps tomorrow - so moving down my trailing stop.

The OEX and S&P have just completed a Measured move from the 17th of Jan High...

Nice line in the sand the 1420 ( 1427 es) & 661OEX..... Bulls could still have this as a wave 4 chance if it can hold..other wise its a Bear C wave..