Dow 2007

5 & 10 min charts suggesting downward momentum pending, 15 min chart heading to back this up imho

just experimenting with the screen shot thing and trying to upload my first chart on t2w.

shows the trade i took from the open. short yesterday. also the one i mist long as well...:cheesy:

hope you find the set up interesting...

i should add. chart is 5min dow cash. when red ma crosses green ma. and rsi crosses 50 in same direction trade is taken in that direction. macd is confirmation. hope its a good day for all of you.

Brutus - thanks for the charts - MarketMaker?

Will duplicate your settings and take a look at the indicators.

Happy trading!

(I'm flat. not checked the Dow yet...)

Short from 13310 cash. Target 13298, stop 13322.

MACD divergence, CCI doubletop, RSI tending to overbought.

Just got back from picking the kids up from school, buy order kicked out, out flat, will re-assess aftyer tea, good luck

LL, What timeframe are you working to, I cant see overbought on RSI, more bullish sentiment (albiet at the upper reaches below technically overbought). I can see MACD divergence just about confirmed on my 1 min chart

LL, What timeframe are you working to, I cant see overbought on RSI, more bullish sentiment (albiet at the upper reaches below technically overbought). I can see MACD divergence just about confirmed on my 1 min chart

I am using 5 min candles with a 21 period RSI which was tending to overbought, not technically overbought. My original limit was for a sell at 13312, but I worried about not being filled, and amended it to 13310 to my cost (2 pips).

Awaiting retracement back to 13295 (cash)

Good luck all.

Oh, and please don't say bullish sentiment to a short- there is clear resistance at 13115 (mid price, cash). A small retracement is probably in order.

Last edited:
OK, anybody else, who's lurking (no offence LL) on the thread, have any views?

OK, anybody else, who's lurking (no offence LL) on the thread, have any views?

None taken - the nick reflects my original intentions when viewing the board was restricted to members only (and I was sick of reading the archive threads via google cache)

LL, perhaps, the time for any real movement will be interest speech at 6.15!

Well, I'm lurking on ond off, paper-trading so not posting my few trades (one up and one slightly down), looks like it's going to be fairly flat until the announcement this evening, then I guess it will shoot off one way or the other, probably up again as I handily have a short already in place :-(
Good luck to those using real cash! (looks like a little short possibly coming up soon)

Agree with you Steve, as for the short, watching that at the moment, tea will have to wait!

LL, perhaps, the time for any real movement will be interest speech at 6.15!

Alas there won't be any speech ...just a statement released with the decision, which is at 7.15pm (British summer time)

Hobby, is that time right, not questioning your knowledge, the place I get my info said 6.15

Good - I've got till 7.15 to get out of this short. This would be an interesting evening for cable, except that announcements tend to retrace rather sharply, and I'm not touching forex with this account size. Wondering about short term direction here. The signal line and MA on the MACD have made new highs, but the histogram is still diverging. Perhaps this was a bad time to short. I am going to hold it until my stop is hit though. Grumble grumble.

Ziff, never looked at or traded cable, showing my ignorance on Forex here, which currency is it?