Dow 2007

nkruger said:
Rather than start a new thread for what is a rather simple question, I thought I'd tack it on here - can anybody tell me what the official closing time for the Dow is ?

If you look at the SB companies prices last night, the official closing price of 12260 was around 20.59 hrs and then it shot up to 12280 15 mins later. I am enquiring as I am working on a NF Payroll trade that I will post here once I've sorted it out.

Nick
as sb companies use futures for there prices it would rise as futures went up approx 20 points after close. ym electronic closes at 10 pm uk monday to thursday and reopens approx 12.15am.

I just realized double fib's coming up on the 5min chart for the DOW is not very surprising because it's just fib's on the 10 minute chart! :p

I'm now going to be doing some counting to see if I can find any patterns. 5 minute chart for the last two days attached.

big.chart

10-day hourly chart
big.chart

Last edited:
Did anyone else note the way the Dow instantly spiked 30 points today as it approached negative territory ...I don't normally buy into consiparcy theories but that was *extremely* odd - Plunge Protection team anyone? (ie on account if the Dow *had* reversed the 40 point gain it was showing in such short order & then gone fully into negative territory...I reckon it could have resulted in plunge Mk III)

We're in trouble BIG TROUBLE and ppt are probably trying to keep it orderly for a while....

I'll still SPECulate on the long side but I think I've seen this movie before .... !

hobby said:
Did anyone else note the way the Dow instantly spiked 30 points today as it approached negative territory ...I don't normally buy into consiparcy theories but that was *extremely* odd - Plunge Protection team anyone? (ie on account if the Dow *had* reversed the 40 point gain it was showing in such short order & then gone fully into negative territory...I reckon it could have resulted in plunge Mk III)

the Dow was extremely choppy today swinging 40 points either way of 12150.This probably had more to do with option expiration than PPT..............whereas yesterday,well that had the fingerprints of PPT all over it.... :LOL:

cheers

On the SPX thread BuytheDips has a pivot tomorrow for 1835 GMT - I'm thinking this will be a high. For some nice symmetry and counting 5-min bars, I'm reckoning on a 1425 or so low. (The more I think about it, the more different possible pivots of time I get which just sucks because it's no practical use whatsoever.)

I did notice it was rather spikey today around U.S. lunch time (which is kind-of strange - they must have got a bit of a shock at all that action when they got back from their lunch with the price where it was before!) But it's not obvious to me that we won't bounce a lot higher before we go down.

One last thing...the consolidation is an expanding triangle, top is flat, bottom is descending...is this bullish or bearish?

Last edited:
apologies for my ignorance. i dont follow Dow. but

what is PPT?

j

EDIT: apologies again. just saw plunge protection team as PPT. sorry.

Last edited:
Plunge Protection Team who supposedly make sure the market doesn't crash big-time. Not sure how effective they were a fortnight back!

New prediction...we rally up to 190 at the open, come crashing down to 12080 by 1300ET, then rally above 12200 into the close. Ok, I'm wasting my time here :confused:

Chocolate said:
Plunge Protection Team who supposedly make sure the market doesn't crash big-time. Not sure how effective they were a fortnight back!

New prediction...we rally up to 190 at the open, come crashing down to 12080 by 1300ET, then rally above 12200 into the close. Ok, I'm wasting my time here :confused:

Man that's brave...calling 3 levels where the action will turn! (I have enough just getting the one call right - ie down or up )

Personally, I'm surprised that, bearing in mind how resilient ithe Dow was going into the bell, that it's off about 25 points down as I type. Whether it starts up tomorrow I reckon is purely down to the YEN overnight, but I'd tend to agree...in the absence of the Yen strengthening, it feels like the market wants to punch a little higher.

I just hope it doesn't breach 12,200 convincingly, else the mkt's nerves might start steadying (which will remove the downside potential)

Last edited:
hobby said:
Man that's brave...calling 3 levels where the action will turn! (I have enough just getting the one call right - ie down or up )

Personally, I'm surprised that, bearing in mind how resilient ithe Dow was going into the bell, that it's off about 25 points down as I type. Whether it starts up tomorrow I reckon is purely down to the YEN overnight, but I'd tend to agree...in the absence of the Yen strengthening, it feels like the market wants to punch a little higher.

I just hope it doesn't breach 12,200 convincingly, else the mkt's nerves might start steadying (wich will remove the downside potential)

Hobby - we like the dow to go higher - the future isn't orange it's pretty XXXXX grim. Somebody is distracting/fooling us - we've opened the trapdoor to HELL.... :devilish:

hark I can hear Fettered Chinos coming to give us some soothing words... he may be right... has been in the past. But I can't help thinking it's different this time....

Hi chaps thought I would pop in n say hi
my thoughts on tomorrow are big fireworks the FTSE starts proceedings with a pump n dump 131 points and the Dow will continue things going down 319 points and closing the week sub 12000 having said this my medium term position is still bullish we just need a better price

Hi DC

I to have posted on my thread at the close of the USA Sesion tonight, that we will tank tommorow. :)

Im short from 12265 YM June

dc2000 said:
Hi chaps thought I would pop in n say hi
my thoughts on tomorrow are big fireworks the FTSE starts proceedings with a pump n dump 131 points and the Dow will continue things going down 319 points and closing the week sub 12000 having said this my medium term position is still bullish we just need a better price

hi dc2000, any particular reason why you would think dow is going below 12000?

I'm actually favouring more upside, but I seem to be the only one around thinking this...

firewalker99 said:
hi dc2000, any particular reason why you would think dow is going below 12000?

I'm actually favouring more upside, but I seem to be the only one around thinking this...

Well, I hope we both got some, as I managed to get a big chunk of that initial upmove back to yesterday's highs... but it's plunging now that's for sure...