Dow 2007

FW....i'm showing colosal volume on Dax today...can you confirm or is my data wrong ?

cheers

I'm reading 10k spikes etc, but I've seen very unsual volume transactions last week. Some 25k bars... but looking at T&S some volume bars are actually just one big transaction taking place. However today it really looks like the huge volume means huge trading activity.

:LOL: :cheesy: :LOL: What are you saying firewalker....that monthly / weekly trends and phases should be our guide...and not 5m / 15m charts for picking direction......or am I just putting words in your mouth ...lol

Well in my not so experienced opinion it's always best to trade with the longer term, but against the short-term trend... The 500 point fall reversed quicker and faster than I'd imagined possible. Interesting to hear your thoughts though, shed a light :)

I'm reading 10k spikes etc, but I've seen very unsual volume transactions last week. Some 25k bars... but looking at T&S some volume bars are actually just one big transaction taking place. However today it really looks like the huge volume means huge trading activity.

thanks m8....

Dax showing over 20 million so far,where average is 7m,and big volume would be considered 10 m.........

20mil?! hmm if I look at a daily time frame today we have already 125.000, but that's more or less in line with the previous days and certainly not exceptional.

I should have booked a nice profit going long the news, but instead I still had the "sell" radio button checked from when I opened the order ticket, and got a sell filled instead of a buy. Very annoyed. Obviously trading news requires you to be quick, so I didn't really check it over.

I shorted that. Yes, you read that correctly. I sold 13717 and covered as soon as I realised my mistake at 13740. I was trying to go long. I've lost £23. Bugger!

Bad luck there. But I'm sure it won't happen again now...
Congrats on the 1000 posts :)

Wow - right enough - I didn't even notice that there. I've almost got 200 reputation now though! Which is very nice. I'll be a little more careful on riding the news in the future. No more important news today, so won't get caught like that again today at least.

I'm uneasy about all this. :rolleyes:

Gotta follow the plan and the charts. We've crossed the higher purple limit of the H&S reversal so it's a full reversal and we are on the upside. No two ways about it. :!:

So I've gone

Long @ 13647. SL 13627.

Target 13700.

Will move SL to b/e hopefuly and leave the position longer today than yesterday.

Good luck everyone.

take your profit and get short til 9.30 ncental tim e

Well 640 got blown. -7

Now Short from 13644. SL @ 13664

Target where ever. 12999 sounds nice. :cheesy:

Should have joined the surge past 600 really. However, had other business to take care of. Thank you for your comments and guidance everyone.

Well in my not so experienced opinion it's always best to trade with the longer term, but against the short-term trend... The 500 point fall reversed quicker and faster than I'd imagined possible. Interesting to hear your thoughts though, shed a light :)

Well in my experience a lot of newbie traders and indeed more experienced focus in too much..they look at time periods which are almost meaningless on the bigger picture...given that it takes many 15m candles to make up a 1 month candle and i'm only using candles as a measure..they are not perfect by any means...The Monthly Weekly and Daily candles must carry more weight...in the mean time..we may have seen numerous 15m trends up and down within that Month say...so how does this help us to reduce trading risks intraday....simply by observing the bigger picture and waiting for the best entries concurrent with overall trend....back to the V exhaustions then and why I consider they are so important...but we've covered that already;)

cv