Dow 2006

data at 15.30 chaps, so watch out for a potentially sharp reversal.

good to see my 85% system is delivering the goods again.

:)

Remember how the 27/28th was a key delta date (144 TD ect) .....It came as a low and a very big clue where to start an order rotaion ;)

I know this is the dow thread, but apple had tried 3 daily attemps at the 93 level and each time its sold off..Its down a buck+ already from the day high :cheesy: ;)

So odds favour the 5th of December will be the next time pressure point as a rotation point high.....

Yes ties in with the intra day late throw turn window and its 55 bars from the 18.30 (1.30est) low yesterday...on the 5min

The rotation is up so a counter trend play till 12.30 / 1.30 eastern time before up again into the close, is my favoured map....

it looks like it's going to be a game of two halves today, I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped hard from here

mark twain uk said:
it looks like it's going to be a game of two halves today, I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped hard from here

however, it looks very resilient, so I wouldn't be surprised if it rallies another 50 - 100 points, it could go either way, so tight stop losses are needed

spx futures reached 1402, this is where the selling started last time, impressive reversal, it shows that nobody knows what comes next, though I suspect that the people who sold last time would be very tempted to repeat the excercise

Atilla said:
I would agree. Despite falling dollar, slowing down economy, ballooning budget defecit, potential inflationary pressures, need to raise interest rates, conflicting signals and requirements from the markets the US financial markets rising like there is no tomorrow. What a load of tosh. Where is the good news - that the US economy grew stronger than anticipated? Best to sit this one out. However, as much as I believe the market is to fall further, I would not be shorting at the mo.
You're right - the amount of manipulation applied in the market at the moment is laughable. Since they stopped publishing M3 figures Paulson and the PPT can just create their own unlimited liquidity to buy the market whenever they want. The late Dow rally last night was a classic example.

However the consequence of printing all of this paper money will be inflation and the greater decline of the dollar in due course.

In the meantime I'm out at around even. My Dec Dow short from Monday at 12225 was stopped out yesterday at 12155 and my second short at 12140 was stopped out this morning at 12200 !

the odds of a fall from here have to be better than those of a further rise, so let's see a quick rally from here, the market moves in the direction in which it hurts the most people

mark twain uk said:
it shows that nobody knows what comes next,

True we don't know what comes next, but knowing rotation & time pressure can give red flags that all may not be as it seems....

we know when we are right and we dont when we are wrong
so simply trade what you see and ignore what you think

Great GDP figures and the market is in a bullish mood. Its rising even though oil is rising. BB has achieved a soft landing so I'm leaving my shorts in the drawer for a few days at least.