Dow 2006

welldone Tricks

Im sure there will be another opportunity to short the FTSE in the not too distant

kriesau said:
Be careful ! - I'm still short the NDX from last week and still looking for good short entry points on the Dow and SPX but note that oil is currently down below $59 this morning and Gold has also retraced by around $6 too.

With the lack of any economic data - other than an October budget statement at 19.00 - and no major US companies reporting today, the oil price may be something for the bulls to seize upon today. I'll wait to see some market price action before taking any new positions today.

Have you gone short in the pre-market DC or are you waiting too ?

or.. maybe some fund manager might blink first today...

In and out of ftse for 38 points, my attention is on DAX, it is some 200 points above ftse, that's a bit steep, so either the ftse will spike back up or the dax will fall, so I am out of the ftse and still short dax.

As I type it looks like the US indices will head north, will they, won't they, we'll see soon...

mark twain uk said:
In and out of ftse for 38 points, my attention is on DAX, it is some 200 points above ftse, that's a bit steep, so either the ftse will spike back up or the dax will fall, so I am out of the ftse and still short dax.

As I type it looks like the US indices will head north, will they, won't they, we'll see soon...

Short DEC @ 12160 !!!!!! Time will tell!!!!

Tricks

P.S. A wee bit premature on that entry?

Last edited:
That's me done for today (hopefully), added to my shorts at 12,131 and 1,385.0, both cash

Last edited:
mark twain uk said:
That's me done for today (hopefully), added to my shorts at 11,231 and 1,385.0, both cash

Hi Mark,

Both a bit too hasty with the shorts I fear. However,it will come back at some stage?

cheers - Tricks

tricks said:
Hi Mark,

Both a bit too hasty with the shorts I fear. However,it will come back at some stage?

cheers - Tricks

If we're lucky it will come down, if not we'll have to get out. I trade in small amounts, building a position up, I am prepared to see it go a bit higher, but also to get out if it turns really nasty

mark twain uk said:
That's me done for today (hopefully), added to my shorts at 11,231 and 1,385.0, both cash

Surely you have your figures a bit awry ?
Do you mean 12131 ?

mark twain uk said:
If we're lucky it will come down, if not we'll have to get out. I trade in small amounts, building a position up, I am prepared to see it go a bit higher, but also to get out if it turns really nasty

I'm 'relying' on the overhead resistance in the 12190 area?

Hook Shot said:
Tight stop .... dax looks violent so early in the week!

You are quite right, the Dax has a habit of showing the way for the US indices, so there is a need for caution just in case today's rise is a sign of the things to come later in the week

kriesau said:
Depends................what are you thinking ?

I was thinking that the Dax is due a pull back, but the lull at the moment is not looking good, it looks more and more like a pause before anther push higher, but I am in and will stay put until I get confirmation on the next move

Tom Hoogard still thinks that a top will be made on or around 17 November and puts forward the theory that the top may already be in. He also expects some serious correction. Here is the full extract:

"In the bigger picture I am still expecting a high on the 17th November, give and take a day or so. The problem with this date is that it spans over quite a long time frame and the high may very well be upon us already today. When you are using weekly cycles you can sometimes be cheated a little if the high or low you use as a reference point took place at the extreme end of the week. I think a big top is in the making and we should see a decent correction is coming."