Dow 2006

Now then, dc2000, now that you have finished bickering i will explain myself. Firstly, that is not my trade, some of my multiple longs were in weeks ago, what i stated was an opinion of where the market will be heading within the next few months or so. 14k is the very ambitious end of my market outlook, but never rule anything out, especially where the markets are concerned, you should know that. I like to build positions, not, chase my tail everyday. What's your flavour?

Dackster said:
Now then, dc2000, now that you have finished bickering i will explain myself. Firstly, that is not my trade, some of my multiple longs were in weeks ago, what i stated was an opinion of where the market will be heading within the next few months or so. 14k is the very ambitious end of my market outlook, but never rule anything out, especially where the markets are concerned, you should know that. I like to build positions, not, chase my tail everyday. What's your flavour?
carnt see your target coming through . at least not until large pullback which imo the market needs now.

kriesau said:
I have accounts with both IG and Man Spread Trading. Don't understand your reference to 310 in and out !

Hi Kriesau,

Generally I agree with you on the 'tighter' spreads trading directly with a broker, as I thought I said in my previous post. Your reference to '310' is slightly puzzling, as my post referred to £10 in and £10 out? i.e. £20 a round turn, or that's how I remember it! Hope that makes sense.

cheers -Tricks

tricks said:
kriesau said:
I have accounts with both IG and Man Spread Trading. Don't understand your reference to 310 in and out !

Hi Kriesau,

Generally I agree with you on the 'tighter' spreads trading directly with a broker, as I thought I said in my previous post. Your reference to '310' is slightly puzzling, as my post referred to £10 in and £10 out? i.e. £20 a round turn, or that's how I remember it! Hope that makes sense.

cheers -Tricks
£10 in and out is the cost per contract ft futures no matter who you trade with if not s betting company.

dc2000 said:
Hi Mark yes it was closed Friday, Im looking for the move to complete Monday and will get a better price premarket

I am getting worried, I am thinking more and more like you, does this mean that I will end up like you (i.e. making money regularly?)

What did Duckster do to get banned after only 12 posts (apart from being daft)?

I am getting worried, I am thinking more and more like you, does this mean that I will end up like you (i.e. making money regularly?)
possibly, but then again you may just get locked up by men in white coats :LOL:

dc2000 said:
possibly, but then again you may just get locked up by men in white coats :LOL:

You are beginning to sound like Socrates.. :LOL:

I mean our own T2W "Socrates"...

back in this morning on both dow and spx with the customary shorts, will look to add up on any rally that fizzles or close on any hard fall

dcarrigan said:
£10 in and out is the cost per contract ft futures no matter who you trade with if not s betting company.

FTSE futures cost £1.70 Per side with Interactive Brokers.

You are beginning to sound like Socrates

OMG wash my mouth with wire brush and detol

seriously though I do think Mark is getting there he is less likely to chase a price and more likely to wait for the price to come to him

mark twain uk said:
back in this morning on both dow and spx with the customary shorts, will look to add up on any rally that fizzles or close on any hard fall
Be careful ! - I'm still short the NDX from last week and still looking for good short entry points on the Dow and SPX but note that oil is currently down below $59 this morning and Gold has also retraced by around $6 too.

With the lack of any economic data - other than an October budget statement at 19.00 - and no major US companies reporting today, the oil price may be something for the bulls to seize upon today. I'll wait to see some market price action before taking any new positions today.

Have you gone short in the pre-market DC or are you waiting too ?

Was thinking of buying the Stock Market Almanac for 2007 from Wiley...

Does anybody use it - and find it useful ?

kriesau said:
Be careful ! - .......................oil is currently down below $59 this morning and Gold has also retraced by around $6 too.

The gold price is off due to a rise in the Dollar on the FX markets so there is no need to worry about that . Oil is lower due to the perception in the Far East overnight that the world's economies are slowing and there will be less demand for commodities and oil. Hence the reason for the fall in copper shares in Australia (I am not sure where they ended at the end of the trading session). The likes of Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and Kazakymys are all off more than 3% here in London.

I missed taking a price earlier so will trade spike after open, I was looking for 134

dc2000 said:
I missed taking a price earlier so will trade spike after open, I was looking for 134

Hi DC,

Just got out of the Dec contract @ 12131, held over the w/end. Entry @12208. Shame is I did'nt take a FTSE short this a.m. with mouse poised over the sell button @ 6235. Oh well,
such is life!

good luck with your short after the opening spike?

cheers -Tricks