DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

just closed my FTSE short for + 16 pts...IG has just robbed me of quite a few points, as i tried to close @ 321, but it took forever to roll-over...then closed me at a $h1t price, before taking more spread off me.

so really it should have been + 20 pts, which paired with my earlier 20, would have put me 10 pts above my daily target...and no ball's-ups today incredibly...

although raymarine could come and bite me in the @ss, but i'll have to wait until 2moro for that one...

Perhaps you could try Jedi mind tricks on the market, to force it to comply! lol

The Lapster and I used to use an 89 tick chart, or 2 min chart, and look for a bias change for confirmation. It's very aggressive, but it worked plenty of times. You could even use a partial bias change if you're impatient, and don't mind a little gamble :)

interesting...bet that took some concentration though!

i really must sit down and write a strategy soon.

poss E$ P2 L bias change on the 4H?

Attachments

• E$ p2 l bias.png
    E$ p2 l bias.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Do you guys, Like Weighbridge; Trade in a CFD account as to avoid stamp-duty?
Because i'm looking to trade UK equities but my methodology just could not survive with a .5% additional charge - Especially when i'm use to the $1 commision per 100 shares on US shares.

P.s. Blix; I think i detected a note of accidently seaped jealousy when you said 'The forum guides are here'; After all, you've done way more posts than him!

Todays A$ trade DB. I sold slightly below the 61.8% fib of this mornings low, and yesterdays high. This was also res at 5 am, and the pivot. I made 25 pips, but it should have been more like +50, but never mind. 4h Bias is still short, but I expect I'll be looking for longs soon.

Attachments

• todays_trade.jpg
    todays_trade.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 120
Well done on the positive pts/pips today boy's,

Blimey Geo, we will have to address you as Sir, from now on. ;)

interesting...bet that took some concentration though!

i really must sit down and write a strategy soon.

Not really, because you start to recognise the pattern really easily after a while, but watching a screen all day is sh*t!

OOohhh, I better watch the language now I'm an FG :)

Do you guys, Like Weighbridge; Trade in a CFD account as to avoid stamp-duty?
Because i'm looking to trade UK equities but my methodology just could not survive with a .5% additional charge - Especially when i'm use to the $1 commision per 100 shares on US shares.

P.s. Blix; I think i detected a note of accidently seaped jealousy when you said 'The forum guides are here'; After all, you've done way more posts than him!

hehe...na mate. i've already teased geo in our PMs about the new uniform (green to match his badge) he's got with his new posting! :cheesy:

re the CFDs mate. i just put up the the stamp duty TBH as i'm trying to swing/position trade to make fewer trades anyway...but i did find it a drag when i was trying to day trade uk equites with a few trades a day with large positions.

... P.s. Blix; I think i detected a note of accidently seaped jealousy when you said 'The forum guides are here'; After all, you've done way more posts than him!

I did suggest to Dr. B that he would make a good FG, but by his own admission, he is too irresponsible :LOL:

I'm SBing btw Gladiator

LOL! You cheeky ruddy wotsit! :LOL:

edit: 1000 posts of absolute trash!

comon geo, you know that's not the case. you've put a lot of work in doing all your learning and sharing your wisdom on here.

(you big swot ! :p)

I did think you were really being cheeky at first DB

what??? about the guide thing?

blimey mate...i talk a lot of nonsense but i'm never malicious in anyway...(well, jonboy used to get on my t1ts but that was about it :cheesy:)

3,000 views! geo's now a legend and guide...things are looking up around here!

EDIT: 1500 more views to beat the competition...

Last edited:
ok, i'm hoping i've weathered the storm on my E$ long.

i opened @ 969 before what i'm hoping was a 50% retrace before the final push onto 15000, moved my stop now to 955 in the hope that this 4H candle won't get its bottom felt again (so to speak).

my sell limit is 995 giving me roughly a 1:2 R/R.

i'll see what happens in the morning, i have absolutely no doubt i'll be stopped out, as that's simply how it works :)