Currency Trading Dec 18th-22nd

a_gnome said:
Half taken off now and stop to b/e on the rest.

Stopped out of the rest (too early) at 9504 for +43 on the second half to be added to the +37 on the first half.

ChowClown said:
...this momentum bodes quite well on the hrly. Have a target area of 9440ish for this leg down, to set up longs at a 'sweet spot' level....well that's the theory :)
....turning point now around 9425-30.

+42 pips on this one....... :cheesy:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 246
Still been short since Thursday night. As you can see on the chart the RSI is meeting resistance on the upside, and the hourly trend and the price action lastweek on the upside for the GBP struggled. This shows lack of willing market participants on the buy side. Check chart.

This may be why we are seeing the shorterm strength.

my position now is 143 pips and hoping for a move dwon to continue this week.

Attachments

• gbp usd mon 18.JPG
    gbp usd mon 18.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 222
Some nice points on that break lower.......this is two profitable days in a row....it's been quite a while :cheesy:

3hr wave update - anyone brave enough to fade from here....i'm not.

Attachments

• WW 3hr 181206 pm2.GIF
    WW 3hr 181206 pm2.GIF
    18.6 KB · Views: 193
ChowClown said:

mind the pitchfork......although, the only thing that beats a pitchfork is another pitchfork :LOL:

It's struggling to break through 1.9450 which happens to be a key Fib retracement level from the move up from the low on the 17th November to the high on the 1st Decemeber.

Still holding VEBO Variant short position.

1hr WW update...will see how this develops (or not) overnight.

Evening all.

Attachments

• WW 1hr 181206 pm3.GIF
    WW 1hr 181206 pm3.GIF
    29.9 KB · Views: 176
ChowClown said:
....turning point now around 9425-30.

That is one good call! potential double bottom forming for a continuation.....more likely the left shoulder of the future reversal pattern ;)

nice one Chow. good you managed to have a good day. i unfortunately didnt, and the original stop was never challenged, so missed on a good 50 pips.

until tomorrow.

j

Edit: also attached daily chart. fibs of move 8100 to 9850. 23% fib holding double bottom. again, good call.

hey all ....i have a quick question...what is is a larger number for the housing market index 32 or 34....and if you coul explain really fast what the index measures that would great....

xx_joray_xx said:
hey all ....i have a quick question...what is is a larger number for the housing market index 32 or 34....and if you coul explain really fast what the index measures that would great....

Housing market index explained....

http://www.nasdaq.com/econoday/repo...housing_market/year/2006/yearly/12/index.html

& what lies ahead for the rest of the week (handy to tuck the URL away just for it's explanations of the importance of figs & what they mean)...

http://www.nasdaq.com/econoday/calendar/US/EN/New_York/year/2006/month/12/day/18/daily/index.html

Nothing like starting the day and realising you've missed the boat already. I've had a long triggered at 68 which I don't like at all, with the size of the upmove in the last 40 minutes and with resistance from Chow's wave pattern not far away. We'll see....

Hi OT....you are not the only one. there was a nice little ascending triangle for the move north.

thought you were in already. I have missed it completely too, and will probably end up calling it a day this early :cry:

lets see what happens. I have it at the northern border of a pitchfork, so could turn around.

edit: Chow, that call of a bottom was top notch.

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Like OT, missed the vebo long entry earlier. Will attempt to get in later. Wished i'd been brave enough yesterday now of course, but there's always next time. Just a few pips awy from the target line now :eek:

Good luck today.

Attachments

• WW 3hr 181206 pm2.GIF
    WW 3hr 181206 pm2.GIF
    18.6 KB · Views: 201
hi, my 7:00 entry has paid dividends today! long @502. I may well close it and "get out while the getting's good" as they say.

Is it just me or do I smell the beginings of a daily range on cable?

City Bound said:
hi, my 7:00 entry has paid dividends today! long @502. I may well close it and "get out while the getting's good" as they say.

excellent, caught the worm nicely this morning then, CB.

City Bound said:

looks more like the beginning of the move up to test 9850 ;)

forgot to add that that is a great trade, well done. truly jealous. :cool:

Last edited: