Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

{quote} yeah, traded that also but only from 3040-3027 - sadly missed all the action later on CAD news oil jumpy im hoping for CAD to strenghten..to sell Oil later in a month-but thats another story. __ nothing changed atm..play.gbp weakling ag CHF,JPY,cad.hm

its falling like a stone dude .......

You will only be a Great Trader when EVERYTHING is working together ..........EVERYTHING

during what I call the early Learning phase (1-2 years) of becoming a Trader most people are 99% focused on the MECHANICS of becoming a good trader

Strategy / Edge
Platform
MM
Execution
Entries
Exits

the list is endless.........repetitive , iterative,adaptive ......you are building the model you will trade

you also have half an eye on all this mindset stuff, phycology , emotions , in the Zone .........and are mindful your mentor/coach keeps saying it is something you will have to get together for the Real deal .......yeah right ..easy !!

for me I never get anyone into this before they are 80-90% there on the Mechanics.........its a waste of time .......I need the trader to be SOLID in many areas of their trading first ............as otherwise the leap is self defeating.........you will struggle

but then when you are ready you enter the REAL challenge to being a top trader ..........the rest although it seemed hard to date is kindergarten guys

you win or lose in the Zone .........heres a half decent intro............never believe a trader if they say they don't need this stuff............b*llsh*t......

have a good weekend

N

morning all

overnights
usd,yen,nzd gbp bullish
cad,ehro,chf bears

6am starts
gbp lead bear to -50's
yen the main buy

pairs 6am start
main scalps off the alpha bear (GBP) and Alpha Buy (yen)......E/J , UJ , GU sells best pairs for me so far ..a solid morning for a Monday !

N

pretty dead at moment ..only GBP bear and Yen buys flashing.....a little Cad bull as well ..but looks like we are now awaiting the 8am bar for action

usd bearish ........recommend UJ sells .......ea buys look interesting as AUD folds a little

2947/48 the resell on Gu but not perfect really.....yen buys better

Last edited:
usd bearish ........recommend UJ sells .......ea buys look interesting as AUD folds a little

EA been from 4746 on this comment to 4775.....nice flow :)

UJ been south to 100.50 from the 100.75 call above .....should have been more but usd not falling .....

2947/48 the resell on Gu but not perfect really.....yen buys better

GU is rocking but dangerous game .....2933 off of last call here .....GBP is a sell but boyoboy shes volatile...2938/42 the R / Sell points twice in last 30 mns for 15 pip scalps .....not for the inex[erienced though ....UJ and EA easier plays

this time ? long EU 34

hey BP

EU isnt in my top 3 scalps at all this morning but that's an aside ....;)

just a observation.......trade 1 at 8.26 was a possibility as a potential buy (but note my comment already above)......but Trade 2 at 8.34 was not really (for me a high prob entry)

just from a price action perspective you have no confirmed higher - swing low .............like the 9am bar signal shown where the swing low is already higher than the previous ......

clearly you then had risk from playing the 9am bar .........but this is Trading ............we deal with risk to achieve rewards .....

N

BP - do me a favour

look at 3 pairs next 30 mins if you get time

EA (buys)
EJ buys
GU sells

send in any signals you get based on how you trade ........see how you go ...that's where I am ..nothing much else out there until usd gets some wind in its sails

n