Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

I have been quietly scalping for last hour or so ...........doing ok

just wanted to mention that the gu looks a scalp buy at 5398+...........it shouldn't fall further at moment

N

here she comes

Attachments

• yep.JPG
    yep.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 112
sorry I havnt called more .............ive had my head down and focussed

N

been calling a couple of moves over at F's thread..............handful of pips - but ok

later all

N

hey all............sorry I've been tied up on some consulting............

heres the last few days on a 1 hour FXCorrelator and usd index (both free from the links in sig area)

green usd has gone a little flattish...............naturally on the scalping TF's its still moving for pips .....but generally stepping back its ranging so far this week

you can see where the other currencies went big dog on the lower 20ma FXCorrelator indicator....mainly Europeans taking pain this week..(falls below zero) .........looks like Yen now falling fast

aussies and others done well so far ....(rising above zero)...............but then things are always always changing !!

good trading

N

Attachments

• last 5 days.JPG
    last 5 days.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 100
on lower TFs the usd has fallen .............euro was the currency to buy

N

Attachments

• eu are the buys.JPG
    eu are the buys.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 115
usd has been drifting into more sells in last 5-10 mins ..........a few pips on GU for me

Attachments

• nice gu.JPG
    nice gu.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 138
morning all

heres the week........green usd still ranging .....although again on lower TF's that will generate pips as minor trends ............

on a 5 MIN chart...................recent rise by usd meant we got some nce sells on usd pairs.....mainly the yen (earlier) and more recently the Euro .

not enough to retire on ......but certainly a comfortable scalp with plenty of opportunity to make 7+ pips

later
N

Attachments

• eu sells.JPG
    eu sells.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 1 hour.JPG
    1 hour.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 115
hey all back again

without naming names I was just looking at a youtube video from someone who I met years ago at a forex trade show and was trading some interesting systems even then.........strengthmeter related but still nothing like my own approaches.....

imagine my surprise when I watched how they now trade everything off of the usd index........

spooky that ......real spooky

hmmmmm
N

hey all

well the usd is rising today from early hours ..................only 3 big sells on other currencies

keep buying usd

N

Attachments

• usd rising.JPG
    usd rising.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 117
the usdchf buy has been the most recent trade on the 1 mins .........

jees if only it was this easy all the time .......7.06 shown was far to early to call it unless you were really batting off the lows as F can do ...............

all these indicators are available free below in the signature links

N

Attachments

• 1 mins.JPG
    1 mins.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 108
well the usd has had 2 nice bull cycles in last 70-80 mins

if you go with the flow looking to buy usd against other currencies then the scalping risk reduces dramatically

N

Attachments

• buys usd.JPG
    buys usd.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 117
gotta scoot ............usd is folding ..................GBP is the current dog though

Hi N

Posted my UChf chart set up from 6 01 am and 7 01 am - the one you got and I missed completely with me not trading any swiss pairs in February.

Explained the set up and the time rules that must be coinciding with you SM on a 1 min chart etc etc

Good Trading

F

hey all

got to go to a funeral this afternoon of a neighbour..........just popped my head in to see whats floating

look at that beautiful usd bull run ............see how you can pick off all those lovely sells ?

N

Attachments

• nice action.JPG
    nice action.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 144