Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi Guys

Not being rude.

But when are you both going to move from demo to a real account.

Just seems that you doing a lot of work for a demo.

When the work could be done on a real account.

maybe MM..........but for me i'm still fine tuning a hell of a lot ....................and I havnt made money yet on the new demo I have

N

usd has slowly moved up during the day............on reflection I should have sat on the AU sells (as well as NZD and CAD) and not dabbled in Euro and GBP which killed me ..............such is life

later
N

ok got to disappear............my trading has felt much more uncomfortable :eek: as I let things run......and ive only done probably 20 trades............but finally when the usd went bull it paid off...............

I am money up his morning .......extract below as usd finally took off

later
N

Attachments

• longer runs.JPG
    longer runs.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
gbp has been a strong SOB today but the usd's strength has masked it on that pair ...........

above 1.60 could be soon

no life in usd at moment ........making trades hard and I've given a lot back to market chasing shadows ...........

mainly banking on more usd bull action...........its ok if I was scalping by the minute ......but I'm not .........i'm opening and trying to let things run

hmmmmmm

lucky its Demo

N

usd still dead...............wondering if 11am was its days high now after some good gains

AUD bounced on the last low touch (weeks low) and has come north a little since ........

zzzzz
N

hey all........

been tied up this afternoon but managed to lose some trades I had set on autopilot............... usd turned south unfortunately and fell back to opening levels at moment

will be tied up tomorrow morning with some interviews

have good evenings
N

gbp has been a strong SOB today but the usd's strength has masked it on that pair ...........

above 1.60 could be soon

said it but I didn't back it .............spare me :whistling

will find out as soon as ready and happy with platform.......

Hi Neil,

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues. I mentioned in my previous post to you that there was a tech issue on Tuesday, but it was resolved the same day.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Neil,

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues. I mentioned in my previous post to you that there was a tech issue on Tuesday, but it was resolved the same day.

Thanks,
Jason

thanks Jason....................I also need to strip my laptop down a little as its slowing as well ...............platform looking ok again now and I have always found it robust and solid for many years now

N

morning all

i'm in interviews this morning but back later

meanwhile I am watching the BBC with traders in the city watching market openings ........

stockmarkets falling ?
10% corrections ?

you mean its not a 1 way street ?

N

seriously I opened up a chart I havnt watched for many a day

back in the old days here I spent most of my time watching Stockmarket/currency correlations ................sometomes the magic worked ............sometimes it didn't

heres the last few years vs the g8..............traditionally traders sold cheap currencies to fund equity bull runs .............

so equities up = chf/yen/usd down ......and vice versa

these days the rules are not as straightforward .........or re they ?

I see those boys all above the zero now with equities dumping below its 20ma ....

and lets be honest the usd didn't need that excuse anyway !!!

N

Attachments

• correlation.JPG
    correlation.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 109
Afternoon N

I know you mentioned you had a busy day on other jobs so expected you not to be around to much

I got some classic move today that will be worth you replicating on your own scalp system etc

This morning on the EA

This afternoon - 3 00 pm and GU and even AU etc

When you are around later - can explain the sequence and clues etc etc

Regards

F

hey mate

let me take a look...........sorry been off the grid most of the day

N

Afternoon N

I know you mentioned you had a busy day on other jobs so expected you not to be around to much

I got some classic move today that will be worth you replicating on your own scalp system etc

This morning on the EA

This afternoon - 3 00 pm and GU and even AU etc

When you are around later - can explain the sequence and clues etc etc

Regards

F

hey F

the fundamental difference between our styles is that at the moment that I am still trying to trade trends once established ......:innocent:....

following the trend is logical (on paper) and 90%+ of traders are probably doing this to try to make a living...............

it feels natural .......and all the nice indicators line up and tell you to trade and if you look back history shows you all those lovely trades where bucketloads are made as those trend ma's get crossed and everyone is happy ......right ? :sneaky:

NEVER try to call the turn they all say .......:mad:

its impossible ..........:sneaky:

you are trying to catch a falling knife :eek:

and they warn us all off of this approach ..........hmmmmm

now you show us how you can call the turns to a few pips accuracy (most of the time)

this has advantages over trend following

1) you can put in mini stop levels only dreamed of by trend traders (just below s/r)...instead of an arbritrary stop behind the trend line

2) you instantly know if you are wrong ..as the price breaches the top/bottom

3) if you get it right you have the whole trend ahead of you to lock into

and so on ..................

so I have stopped and now removed all of my trend following indicators and put in some of my historically built turn indicators that I am tweaking over the weekend.........

they are'nt LR's ........but certainly can do the job in showing where suspected turns are ......which I will combine with mainstream pairchart analysis and you excellent notes you have given to us on the threads

lets see what happens
N

I will comment on the day in a minute...........spookily aligning to your comments re turns