Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

now gbp has been a sell in the same recent period ......

so what is the point of trading a bear GBP against a Bear USD ?

N

Last edited:
easy on paper but hard in practice...........but I do try ....and sometimes the magic works ........

and the harder I practice and work at it the luckier I get

ok gang...weve had about 15-20 pips of usd index move north in last 30 mins move ...........not all at once as individual currencies (like pairs) NEVER move in a straight line

so if you managed to trade this against a BEAR moving currency you make money over that period.......... all in one go....... if you sat tight and sweated out the retraces ..........or by scalping the smaller retraces

GBP has been the best sell...........in fact 20-30 pips of sell

20 pips from USD BULL + 30 pips from GBP sell = 50 pips SELL on GU

great day in the markets

N

Attachments

• gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 92
usdcad is the buy.........I need the usd to reconfirm its bull status though

usd is aboutto reconfirm a poss change to bear status..........not sure if gbp will stay the buy though so already out

about 10 mins now of bear usd...........i'm concerned on the Europeans as its late London now .................i'm more comfortable scalping cad or the aussies in truth

usd flatlining now ...........and i'm not chasing gu up ............

have a good evening all and I hope our northern colleagues think long and hard about the decision they are about to make today ......

chest thumping rhetoric and a yes victory will be a short lived high I fear

N

Scotland decides no............and red sterling responds.....well over 330+ pips this week in fact added back to the GBP index with the icing on the cake yesterday .............ironically gbp has fallen since the early hours

N

Attachments

• scotland decides.JPG
    scotland decides.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: