Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

selling U/J and or U/cad now looking interesting to me .............aussies look a little overcooked

well here we are and finally in last hour the USD got bullish above the zero ..........

This is classic "frustration" mode if you simply follow a default setting/system ...........

the USD "sell" signal holding for far toooo long due to the USD getting pulled south during the asian session ...

but what if USD had caught a cold and went south again earlier ?.........then you would have traded and made money!!

instead you sat on your hands for x hours neither winning or losing

so stop complaining !!! :)

N

PS those aussie and NZD sells look like they are warming up nicely into a rising USD

Attachments

• buy USD.JPG
    buy USD.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
hey all ......i'm still pretty tied up at work this week unfortunately ......last one

the USD is running pretty tight at the moment ...from the chart you see its whipping up and down around the Zero ..........so if you are trading usd pairs (common on lower TF's)......you are really just trading the movements of the secondary currency you chose.............thats twice as hard to make the target pips .............

comprende ?

N

Attachments

• usd tight range.JPG
    usd tight range.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
this week I am having to be in office to empty files and clean out desks .............

now .......that wasnt in the job title !

N

hey all ..........final day at the office as we close things out

heres the week ............after that extended chop earlier on for USD....we have had some nice moves on the Greenback with plenty of selling last 2 days at times

N

Attachments

• the week.JPG
    the week.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
someone asked me whatever happend to me posting my original correlation patterns here

sorry about that .......nothing has changed but I keep it even simpler these days on the thread

anyway look into the links below ......if you read the documents or follow this thread from a few years back you will see that I favour scenarios where the usd and yen are strongly positively correlated and if possible the dow is Negatively correlated to them ....with a few variations inbetween

its based on the "risk on/ risk off" scenario used by many many traders globally (look it upalongside the carry trade)

heres the 4hr on default 20ma settings showing 2 nice patterns demonstrating this perfectly (y)

N

Attachments

• correlation patterns.JPG
    correlation patterns.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
some cracking trades on gold this week ...............

jees perhaps I will just trade this full time and forget the forex charts :LOL:

N

its available below for free in the links

Attachments

• goldmeter delivers.JPG
    goldmeter delivers.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
well after 7 years in the saddle i leave my job today .................may be online later calling a few trades ............tomorrow for sure :)

N

well after 7 years in the saddle i leave my job today .................may be online later calling a few trades ............tomorrow for sure :)

N

Morning N

Most people are always worried about change - so it normal to think - what's going to happen now

It could be the blessing in disguise - and then best thing to happen to you for 20 -30 yrs.

Good luck what ever you do next and I will be around when ever you need any help on the scalping part

All the best

Regards

F

N

as long as they are live and not after the event ----------- looking forward to that

N

Hi, N,

I always see such new developments as exciting and a great opportunity.

Especially in light of your trading passion and focus on your intraday scalping and forex correlated trading.

As it is said often - when you really focus and commit - and "cut off your retreat", there is a great force and excitement to help you move forward and focus and execute at a higher level of performance! :clap:

Looking forward to reading more of your trading and performance - in the new "free and independent" environment!

Regards,

WklyOptions

Morning N

Most people are always worried about change - so it normal to think - what's going to happen now

It could be the blessing in disguise - and then best thing to happen to you for 20 -30 yrs.

Good luck what ever you do next and I will be around when ever you need any help on the scalping part

All the best

Regards

F

thanks F..............thats appreciated

Hi, N,

I always see such new developments as exciting and a great opportunity.

Especially in light of your trading passion and focus on your intraday scalping and forex correlated trading.

As it is said often - when you really focus and commit - and "cut off your retreat", there is a great force and excitement to help you move forward and focus and execute at a higher level of performance! :clap:

Looking forward to reading more of your trading and performance - in the new "free and independent" environment!

Regards,

WklyOptions

agreed...........burning the bridges always adds a little spice to the game :cool:

N

morning all .........

I may get to call some later but I also have a lot of post redundancy chores this week ........I will however be using the strengthmeter system I have developed over the last few years that overall has proven my favourite - providing robust signals with zero lag........

its 90% there and I will be perfecting it over next few months alongside bringing myself up to pro levels (hopefully)

I will still use the 20ma default indicator here as its a steady eddie system..and allows beginners to play for free on a standard forex strengthmeter before delving deeper into this area......

I will also be revisiting all the forex strengthmeters now out there in the trading cosmos............it seems we are now blessed with many of them as opposed to 14 years ago when I started this journey ......

just type in "forex strengthmeter" or even just "strengthmeter" and go play ...................some I have covered over the years here..... .but there are many many wannabees now on the scene........ and based on my brief observations to date ..all doing the same thing with zero originality

N

Last edited:
ok heres the 20ma fxcorrelator .................bold and as bad as ever

aud has been the buy and I still like usd sells

N

Attachments

• usd sells.PNG
    usd sells.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 75
on my bespoke system now under testing......

I have been on USD, yen and even NZD sells over last 2 hrs ........ buys have been the problem ......Aud has been fading since the Asian session ......so I am on the EUR mainly ....:smart:

N

Last edited:
Euro looks promising for more buys.......i'm waiting for gbp to come good.................usd has been a nice sell for a while now...........not sure how long it will hang

G8 market volatility rising again now on 5mins...........that's good news