Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

jees USD make yuor mind up ............europeans now flicking north and USd dropping south

on my main scalping system i've only had 3 signals today in 2 hours ......so its slooooow

out 3637 .......loss....dammit ..........GBP held.....wrong pair called

hey all

only a handful of days left at my current role so unfortunately I am still pretty screwed for time

heres the week as seen through the green usd

at the moment we are net bear (Sell) but its hardly inspiring as a move (unlike earlier in the week when USD went serious bear !)

why the USD ?

because it represents a huge % of those 4 trillion $ of global trades each day

you can chase all the other currencies up and down but the USD is the daddy and always should be obeyed

N

Attachments

• the week on usd.JPG
    the week on usd.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
lets focus on the 18th earlier this week and the usd sells

3 places of attack all when we see divergence on the USD

1............very early doors .......not for the fainthearted .........and nice euro and CHF buys were the reward selling into usd ...........AUD faded

2........renewed divergence signifies more selling signals ..........look to the risers .......AUD and NZD were no brainers.............and readers a #1 bonus ball.........the usd was THE weakest currency on the chart so attack attack attack !

3.......tough one for me as 3rd bite is always a little risky..........the visit may be over by now .......................easy call as euro buy was just going north .............

simple ?...........hard ?...............impossible to execute in real time ?

you tell me
N

Attachments

• 3 attacks on usd.JPG
    3 attacks on usd.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
TIMEFRAMES ?

all the same .............no difference to me ................but clearly you will die trying this on 1min and 5 mins without significant adaptions as the swings/signals are very very low in pip value

N

Last edited:
The Uruguay/ England game last night was a lesson in Execution......

at one end Rooney had about 5 chances and scored once ......at the other end I saw perhaps 3-4 max chances for suaraez and he bagged 2 goals

convert that into extended trading performance and one trader breaks even/makes money ..the other one is doomed to bankrupcy over time

its not just about talent - its about ruthless and efficient execution

N

Last edited:
hey all

only a handful of days left at my current role so unfortunately I am still pretty screwed for time

heres the week as seen through the green usd

at the moment we are net bear (Sell) but its hardly inspiring as a move (unlike earlier in the week when USD went serious bear !)

why the USD ?

because it represents a huge % of those 4 trillion $ of global trades each day

you can chase all the other currencies up and down but the USD is the daddy and always should be obeyed

N

I said USD was uninspiring in early london session ............then it went north and the GBP was a nice sell .....late to the party but worth the wait (y)

N

Attachments

• GU sell yesterday.JPG
    GU sell yesterday.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 140
heres the week on the free goldmeter available below in the links area ...........

rules are there as well ...............

basically we pounce when absolute gold price (in relative terms) is the most strongest or weakest to all G8 currencies ..........and (green) usd is moving in opposite direction

then trade XAU/USD...........

can anyone spot the big trade ?.............its not hard is it ! :cheesy:

N

Attachments

• goldmeter signals.JPG
    goldmeter signals.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
morning all

here the 1hr 20ma FXCorrlelator on the default 20ma setting

Green usd went south in last few hours .............so sell until further notice on lower TF's

I cant predict the future but I can use the indicator to give me a clue

later
N

Attachments

• usd is sell.JPG
    usd is sell.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
usd under some bullish pressure .............dont lose heart in it as a bear just yet ....just dont trade !

N

europeans showing weakness ...........easy to take sells into USD but dont be duped