Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all

heres the 15m TF with the upated system that always provides a signal to buy or sell the USD and/or the Yen..warts and all

now having a "permasignal" is clearly not perfect practice for long Term profitability .........but I am just trying to show that you can now adapt this simple system to as few or as many signals as you want

Few = higher MA (20 upwards) and only when dow and Yen on same side and oppose the Dows direction above / below same MA setting (the core default system)

Many = read my earlier recent posts re USD or Yen opposing the Dow on perhaps faster MA settings for both etc etc more options and more trades

it has taken me over 10 years to get to the MA settings and pattern recognition systems I like ...........but it all came from creating the FXcorrelator and then developing ideas from the system above and is a great intro for newbies......

you have to start somewhere
N

Attachments

• monday opening sesssion.jpg
    monday opening sesssion.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 157
here you go re today........Permatrade signals and a nice set of bars where USD and yen were the same side.....I will publish a set of updated system rules by the weekend and a video

no more excuses ...there is always a trade signal available now if wanted :smart:

Beautiful sells on the AUD and NZD later in day .......and on my own favourite customised system on the 15m TF I had 15 tradable bars from 9am to date ....thats a very very good number of opportunities for a monday so excellent volatility

N

Attachments

• todays 15m action....jpg
    todays 15m action....jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
mornin all

heres the standard system with the new tick style approach and ideas written on the charts

Right 15m TF chart

Overnight the Dow was above its 20 sma so I was hunting SELLS on the USD and /or Yen

as you can see it meant I was mainly chasing the Yen for sells into anything worth buying

so that meant the big AUD sell was missed - until later in the move when USD and Yen got north again and AUD was still the sell

UHH ??......you missed the big one ?

Yes I did .......on this system anyway ........

rule 1 in trading ....you cant have your cake and eat it ..........

Can you ?................

busy today so catch you later.......
N

Attachments

• sell yen mainly.jpg
    sell yen mainly.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 154
Bad news for copper after the sharp fall in the Aussie at 0.90. The feeling is that this time the support of 6700 of copper will not hold on.

Attachments

• aussie.gif
    aussie.gif
    51.2 KB · Views: 147
mornin all.....

heres the new signals coming thick and fast .......in the last 24 hours it seems that USD and Yen just cannot get enough of each other .......going up and down in perfect harmony....

such love should not be ignored - so trade currencies against them as per the RED tick box signals..... and ignore the dow ........if the Dow happens to be on the opposite side of its 20 sma as well to the USD and YEN then all the better ........but dont sweat it if its not........when the USD and Yen move together there will be at least 1 to 2 currencies moving against them and tradable

like the AUD overnight both buying and then selling it into the boys..........BANG !!!

later......
N

Attachments

• signals signals signals.jpg
    signals signals signals.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 145
Bad news for copper after the sharp fall in the Aussie at 0.90. The feeling is that this time the support of 6700 of copper will not hold on.

hey E

interesting but i'm not sure about using the AUDUSD up there.....unless that copper price is in Dollars ?

and can someone explain to me the concept of pairs in currency charts .......I'm a full blown die hard 100,000% do or die strengthmeter trader who follows the direction of individual currencies - and I just dont figure what these currency paircharts mean or the benefit they bring for traders ??

sorry - just kidding ;)

N

Last edited:
following the ticks ........3 colours explained on the chart

I will create a video and new Word document over the weekend and re-issue

N

Attachments

• follow the ticks.jpg
    follow the ticks.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 162
are you following the ticks in this updated version of my free system here ?

overnight after some chopping and changing we got the Yen south as the primary sell (as Dow was above its 20 sma) .....you were then free to chose any of the currencies above the Zero ........including even buying the U/J if you wished .........it is allowed if the USD is a stronger contender as a buy

later
N

Attachments

• follow the ticks.jpg
    follow the ticks.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 144
  • sell YEN through the night.jpg
    sell YEN through the night.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 152
on my faster bespoke systems I have now been scalping for about 10 mins .....not bad at all with buys on USd into NZD mainily..i'm also on E/J sells now

shame as those trades above still going strong .........the problem is you have to watch all issues and 1 rogue move on a currency makes me twitchy especially when i'm Scalping .....

later
N

Sells still going .........signal has caught up on the 20ma system as well

I was on much earlier as I was scalping and got lucky on the run

N

Attachments

• sell sell sell AUD and NZD.jpg
    sell sell sell AUD and NZD.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 150
Sells still going .........signal has caught up on the 20ma system as well

I was on much earlier as I was scalping and got lucky on the run

N