Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

GBP is having a nightmare period...........get ready to bury G/U sells

below 1.5450 on a falling Dow 5mins TF

see how the market switched back to the higher trend ?

nice buy scalps on most USD pairs..CAD was a little sluggish

when I am trading it is impossible for me to call here what i am seeing .......or to even begin to describe what (warped ?) thought processes are going through my head on top of the basics here .....

Remember I dont really use paircharts except for entering/exiting trades ..

its all Strengthmeters (and hybrids) and the Dow and news of course.....so not eveyones cup of tea ....

but conventional approaches never bring exceptional returns in any business !

perhaps one day I will finally get back to running a proper Training and Mentoring course and a real time trading room....I did a 6 month web based course a while back and unfortunately the time spent + Admin and IT and running costs did not merit its continuation ......(and I was losing my normal income streams from trading)

all the videos and training documents and websites are still safely in storage though (i hope !)

Perhaps again one day I can bring it all back ..............too many other things going on as well for me at the moment unfortunately

N

Last edited:
when I am trading it is impossible for me to call here what i am seeing .......or to even begin to describe what (warped ?) thought processes are going through my head on top of the basics here .....

Remember I dont really use paircharts except for entering/exiting trades ..

its all Strengthmeters (and hybrids) and the Dow and news of course.....so not eveyones cup of tea ....

but conventional approaches never bring exceptional returns in any business !

perhaps one day I will finally get back to running a proper Training and Mentoring course and a real time trading room....I did a 6 month web based course a while back and unfortunately the time spent + Admin and IT and running costs did not merit its continuation ......(and I was losing my normal income streams from trading)

all the videos and training documents and websites are still safely in storage though (i hope !)

Perhaps again one day I can bring it all back ..............too many other things going on as well for me at the moment unfortunately

N

my interest is open:) just recovered the losses from the short aussie before. staying aside for the moment

theres possibly some scalp pips in A/U buys right now.......up to about 9926

i'm still clinging to the higher TF Sells on yen and USD ....

N

theres possibly some scalp pips in A/U buys right now.......up to about 9926

i'm still clinging to the higher TF Sells on yen and USD ....

N

jees I am on fire today ...........:smart:

Attachments

• jees i'm good.jpg
    jees i'm good.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 121
NVP, is there any significance to the slope of an index on your indicator (going up/going down) or is it just a case of being above/below the zero line and trading in that direction? If the USD is below the zero line but heading up would you still see this as bearish or would you wait for it to turn down before entering your trade?

B.

NVP, is there any significance to the slope of an index on your indicator (going up/going down) or is it just a case of being above/below the zero line and trading in that direction? If the USD is below the zero line but heading up would you still see this as bearish or would you wait for it to turn down before entering your trade?

B.

Hey B

Yes it has huge amounts of significance

to cut a long story short (and with all my training course materials and Videos in storage at the moment) I would recommend you research and read up on how the Macd indicator works on normal paircharts

then come back and apply a lot of that logic to the FXcorrelator indicator

the FXcorrelator is a MacD for individual currencies....well pretty much ! :smart:

N

what the hell is going on with the Dow ..that was a 90 point gap ????!!!

the hell .....logging out for tonibght

N

back..............I'm hovering on a E/U buy scalp above the 1.2500

I need a little Dow push north on the 5mins to take

N

I shouldnt gone actually just below the 1.25 as all signals were green but hesitated .....we'll see....

out b/E ...........BUGGER !!!!

Attachments

• bugger.jpg
    bugger.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 94
NVP, thanks for the reply, so, if USD is above the zero line but heading south, this would be seen as weak? even though it`s still above the 20ma?

in my systems and at this 5min TF speed all the dynamics between the Dow , Yen , USD and a target currency (like the Euro in this case) are moving independently all the time !

If you can imagine it i am hitting the button when all are in a trade zone .....if they start to stray I am out like a flash .....

see below now .....if I were a "hang out there and hope" trader now I would be having my Stop loss area under attack already 1 bar later as I sit there dumbly with no idea what I am doing .....and hoping the buy will come again .....

HOPE IS NOT A STRATEGY !

I can assure you my dynamic signals (trying to lock all the variables together in 1 kill zone) were dissapearing during the bar as I didnt take that 1.2511......

I hate losing money ........thats my style ....high % of wins with low Targets...I'm out on the first sniff of variables changing

and I should be shot for not taking an easy 5+ pips there

N

Attachments

• gone.jpg
    gone.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
NVP, thanks for the reply, so, if USD is above the zero line but heading south, this would be seen as weak? even though it`s still above the 20ma?

depends ;)...the higher the MA the more it is the case ...read macd's and you will get more idea of how much these things flex with settings