Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

if you are upset by the G/U bounce you are missing the fun selling CAD and Euro into a still rising USD and yen .....

thats why I use Strengthmeters..........I am always immediately on the "A" trades

N

watching england vs trading ?

ok then england it is !

1 =1 half time

N

Hey there all

slow retraces overnight from yesterdays Dow crash

Yen and USD are in retreat again currently

Euro predictably got slaughtered once markets had digested the Spanish Bailout and were still hungry ........

see the Fibs on the charts? .....Yen has bounced 50% off a minimal Dow retrace......what does that mean ?.......sometimes a lot ...sometimes nothing...........its all down to spending a lot of time analysing correlation in the markets and recognising patterns and values

from this though you can see that on a 1000ma setting the FXcorrelator can be analysed like any standard pairchart and similar strategies applied :smart:

N

Attachments

• bounces back.jpg
    bounces back.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 122
Yesterday was quite a reverse on Junes activity to date....

(see the Daily setting on my indicator available for free in the signature area below)

we will see what happens next :cool:

N

Attachments

• where next.jpg
    where next.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 129
Morning!

Looking @ 15min, Dow at resistance. If it falls back some nice shorts on A/U and E/U on the way

And, of course, never forget G/U:)

G/U is in pole position if the sells signal on 15m........but happy to be proved wrong as any of 6 currencies could do it !

In my own main systems I am sitting in neutral here and awaiting a little more steer from higher TF's.........theres no rush and why give away money if one has all day to trade

let the trades come to you .........

my last buy signals on Yen and USD were yesterday and there were some sells overnight but I was asleep

Neutral at present for me and in truth will be more tempted by more potential Yen and USD Sells

In my own main systems I am sitting in neutral here and awaiting a little more steer from higher TF's.........theres no rush and why give away money if one has all day to trade

let the trades come to you .........

my last buy signals on Yen and USD were yesterday and there were some sells overnight but I was asleep

Neutral at present for me and in truth will be more tempted by more potential Yen and USD Sells

said so .....;)

Attachments

• signal.jpg
    signal.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 100
fully agree, still waiting:)

doky .............your limited number of newbie posts seem not to be in relationship to your advanced comments and ideas already

you will go far in trading (y)

N

ok trading 101 guys

watch and learn

is this enough to prompt buying the yen and USD again ?

N

Attachments

• watch what happens.jpg
    watch what happens.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 108
thank you, Neil. Hope everyone gets many green pips today:) Short on Aussie with tight stop now and looking to scalp euro down

thank you, Neil. Hope everyone gets many green pips today:) Short on Aussie with tight stop now and looking to scalp euro down

D you are so in the groove........have a corrie ninja badge :rambo:

N

there were 10 easy pips on the 5 min G/U sell.............Euro delivered a decent handful as well .....

I have to say that G/U sell looks tempting

GBP is very very weak on 5 mins regardless of other currencies