Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

interesting pm session so far :smart:

looks like a certain currency got severely trashed as the dow rose :eek:

that messes correlation up a little and we got a delayed fall on the yen/usd act

only NZD was late enough in to pick up some recent buy pips (y)

N

Attachments

• pm session.jpg
    pm session.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 257
heres the overnights

not bad at all (y)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 249
heres lunch

another ducking for the Swissie I see ...........could also be profit taking by currency speculators now :smart:

N

Attachments

• lunchtime.jpg
    lunchtime.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 211
heres london close..I gotta scoot

gotta scoot (y)
N

Attachments

• end of day action for London markets.jpg
    end of day action for London markets.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 256
heres the week on the 80/20

the 80/20 is a steadie eddie trading system designed to give you a feel for what this baby can do......:smart:

for me absolutely nothing compares to trading with strengthmeters......

N

Attachments

• the week on the 80 20 system.jpg
    the week on the 80 20 system.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 263
I love this system, have been paper trading it for a while now ... However I still find it easier without the Dow chart, I just rely on the 20 and 80 ma charts.

Also when i was paper trading, i managed to make a lot of profits and some were over 100 pips which was very nice.. I'm aiming to make at least 50+ pips per trade... Is this possible NVP?

F

PS - Sorry for just attacking you with all these comments.. I went on holiday and didn't have a chance to look at the thread :(

I've found a way to retrieve the US30 chart on MT4.. The way i do it is by using my FXCM MT4 platform for all the indicators etc and I use XTB's MT4 platform for the Dow chart.. I just run them simultaneously ...

F

hey all

heres the early action.....and predictable so far :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 179
I love this system, have been paper trading it for a while now ... However I still find it easier without the Dow chart, I just rely on the 20 and 80 ma charts.

you are not alone in this opinion F......every programmer I have worked with is against my predictive cocktail mix of equities and currencies (and still is ;))

clearly there are correlations present - as all markets are interconnected by fund flow....but whether to apply them in this manner ?

hey i'm just here to present how strengthmeters can be used as trading tools....I am very happy to have everyone here challenging and presenting other ideas and options (y)

N

Also when i was paper trading, i managed to make a lot of profits and some were over 100 pips which was very nice.. I'm aiming to make at least 50+ pips per trade... Is this possible NVP?

F

PS - Sorry for just attacking you with all these comments.. I went on holiday and didn't have a chance to look at the thread :(

hey F

you call that an attack ? :p

jees - look around T2W and Forex factory in general ....this thread is an oasis of peace and respect :smart:

remember a decent signal on a 4h or 1d chart 80/20 system will deliver 50 pips in 1 bar - so pippage is relative to timeframe

if you targeted even 10 pips a day with correct money management that can allow a nice little daily income flow (y)

N

Last edited:
I've found a way to retrieve the US30 chart on MT4.. The way i do it is by using my FXCM MT4 platform for all the indicators etc and I use XTB's MT4 platform for the Dow chart.. I just run them simultaneously ...

F

hey F - where are you again - in the us ?

if you are in the UK its easier to link up us30 and currencies as most brokerages allow it

N

hey all

better late than never .............of course you dont need to use the Dow as confirmation but I am used to it after 2 years and like it there to understand WHY my Yen (and hopefully USD) are moving together in the direction being signalled

its also nice to have it there as an early EXIT sign for a trade if it recrosses the 20ma back from initial signal.....

hey your money your choice

N

NZD would of been a good trade today at 8.15GMT time.. Good sell, however once again the dow was below it's 20ma which would of limited trading :S

F

Just traded the AUD/USD at 1.50GMT made 75 pips profit, the USD and Yen went south on both charts and AUD went north passing the 0 line..
The dow was rising but still below it's 20 and 80 ma lines..

F