Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

that NZD went triple arrow buy finally around 9am GMT.......its a shame that the tag have been bullish alongside it as its hidden the power of NZD's progress....

NZD has still taken 30 pips off the USD since 9am despite this mutual progress upwards

Hmmmmmm
N

GBP has been boring this morning eh ?

its waking up a little............the lower timeframes starting to indicate north possible soon

jees - I pop out for 2 seconds and things start to happen....looks like some nice sells on Euro/USD again

now we have some good signals on the triple arrow and plenty of diversity to help us

See we have Tag Team (yen /USD)virtually North
NZD and GBP north + AUD nearly
Euro, CAD and CHF South

then it depends what you want to trade..if your sticking to traditional values Buy Tag whilst the US30 stays southerly selling CAD or Euro

lets see what happens
N

Attachments

• signal.jpg
    signal.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
interesting ..........for the first time since 5am today gmt..the usdJPY pair has got above the 20ma on the 15m TF......usd is fighting back

i'm still lovving Sell E/U....

N

Sorry all i am forgetting myself here as I ramble on regarding lower timeframes and other ideas :innocent:

We have a perfectly servicable triple arrow system that we are trialling so lets see if anything triggered this morning :smart:

see comments on below ...........the Dow futures (london trading hours) has been mainly south this morning so the absence of any decent (Buy) Tag signals limits my calls on this particular ma setting - unless I was punting on more exotic pairs to which a few have been good with hindsight :rolleyes:

I have been sniping at some scalps buying tag (as you can see from posts today) but thats not based on this indicator which is for higher TF's

in that respect the E/U has been nice today and is still going.......
N

Attachments

• 29th am london action.jpg
    29th am london action.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Hi All, Been playing with all these lines and arrows all day on different time frames and I must say what an excellent job has been done by all involved. Impossible to say anything else with 100+ pips up for the day plus keeping me out of a bad trade. Don't know if I am using it as designed as I am still reading through the thread posts. But what I am interpreting from the charts I like.

Current short EU stop lowered to 3956 - May close soon !!!!

Hi All, Been playing with all these lines and arrows all day on different time frames and I must say what an excellent job has been done by all involved. Impossible to say anything else with 100+ pips up for the day plus keeping me out of a bad trade. Don't know if I am using it as designed as I am still reading through the thread posts. But what I am interpreting from the charts I like.

Current short EU stop lowered to 3956 - May close soon !!!!

hey H

my recommended MA settings here are only suggestions

it allows me to comment here and ramble on ad-nauseam about them :p

100pips up is great guns in any traders books - well done (y)

N

Hi all..........

its probably been easier today taking shorter timeframe signals than the mighty triple arrow Corrie - especially if you run off of the Tag team signals which have not yet arrived (the 4h is very sloooooow to rise above zero)

As I mentioned a little earlier - I also see that the USD is now creaming the Yen (BoJ job ?) regardless of the Dows direction...........

other currencies though have been very solid in their directional bias......so fortune favoured the brave if you took them as they came :cool:

N

Attachments

• days action.jpg
    days action.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 114
hey H

my recommended MA settings here are only suggestions

it allows me to comment here and ramble on ad-nauseam about them :p

100pips up is great guns in any traders books - well done (y)

N

Finding it great being able to read all the currency movements on one chart.
Still short EU and added to the trade with second add now with trailing stop.

Do you have any good exit strategy you use on a short time frame ?

I have been using the correlation chart on a 5M with the 3 arrows on M1-14/3, M5-20/1, M15-20/1.

as I post I see the mighty Tag team still piling north on the 1, 5 and 15m timeframes everywhere you look........most pairs involving these dudes are feeling the pain ........and that E/U sell continues to fall !!

N

hi all

sometimes its best to just stay in bed..........

see how good a 500ma corrie lets you see S & R points ? :smart:

N

Attachments

• bad Herr day .jpg
    bad Herr day .jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 125
Finding it great being able to read all the currency movements on one chart.
Still short EU and added to the trade with second add now with trailing stop.

Do you have any good exit strategy you use on a short time frame ?

I have been using the correlation chart on a 5M with the 3 arrows on M1-14/3, M5-20/1, M15-20/1.

Hi H

looks like a nice little scalpum combo there (y)

Exit strategies..........to be honest I do have a few ideas but try to steer clear here as its as big a subject as the entry signal.........:eek:

At these TF's its all about targets and taking whats given......7-10 pips dependent on the pairing

N

and while i'm in the charts......what the hell has happened to the carry trade theory ? :rolleyes:

jees the Grey CHf is almost a parabolic dive..........with the Yen and USd rallying off a rising Equity market the poor low yielding CHF is being destroyed (to the delight of the Swiss)

N

PS - this is why I love the markets and love reading about predictions etc etc

like "the dollar is dead" that has been prevalent for most of this year............must be fun times in last 3 weeks for these players then as the greenback has rallied !!!

Remember that the markets are not charts or even the FXcorrelator....these are just the tools and Images for us to observe the results as they happen (well delayed actually)

the markets are actual people buying and selling in the market ...and if everyone was selling USD then you just had to ask whos buying it.......and the answer was that no one was prepared to buy (supply) Dollars at a lower price from mid-October (and actually Yen for that matter)

Attachments

• carry trade .jpg
    carry trade .jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
morin all............:sleep:

did anyone bag that AuD rise overnight ?

N

Attachments

• bingo.jpg
    bingo.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 127
Seen it on the charts but dismissed it because interest rates were not going up :mad:

I know - Trade what you see not what you want !!!!!!!!!

Hey H

thats the beauty of trading...........

You can be right for the wrong Reasons
you can be right for the right reasons
you can be wrong for the right reasons
you can be wrong for the wrong reasons

ummm..........I've forgotten what my point here is :p

N

heres the lie of the corrie landscape (third attachment)

those Euro and CHF buys on lower TF's are scalping well

first attachment shows a 500/1 on the 5m for overnights....Jees that AUD went like a bullet around 4.20 (3.20 gmt)

FF showed this calender entry (second picture) and cash rates went up 25 points adding some nice fuel to the fire

its not really folding either.......may come under pressure later as Traders take profits

N

Attachments

• AUD over or not .jpg
    AUD over or not .jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 121
  • aussie kick.jpg
    aussie kick.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 98
  • next moves .jpg
    next moves .jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 96