Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi all

just as US opens lets survey the scene

US30 has stayed bullish mainly - retracing at present time

GBP has been sob story of the day so far - AUD CAD and Euro offered nice buys (following the us30 up) to trade this

NZD still bearish but slowing

Tag team has been bearish but thin signals on the Triple arrow system to merit pippage against the buy guys mentioned above

lets see what the afternoon brings (y)
N

Attachments

• morning session.jpg
    morning session.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 145
Hey all.........

been a choppy ole day today for the Yen and the USD.........I expected more falls given the US30 bullish bias..oh well the day is still young in US land

heres the complete daily picture for you newbies that kinda highlights what those arrows mean on most of my charts :smart:

Each of the 3 arrow rows represents a chart TF and particular Ma Setting.....the Arrrows indicate whether a currency is above or below the zero and save us constantly looking at the charts :)eek:)

the settings on this particular system are :-

4h 20/1
1H 20/1
15M 14/3 (a smoothed 20/1)

See them below actually as charts which gives the days history (arrows just give up to date current signal obviously)

I liked the Euro and CAD and AUD to a degree today ....when they were above the Zero and the US 30 was moving up these were plays I liked and we just needed some decent sell signal currencies........Tag did oblidge in the morning but the afternoon was sporadic

spookily GBP was also an all morning sell......pulling back up for the pm session but now back as a triple sell :)sly:)

EURGBP was the best move of the day (so far)....but youre call if you traded it as i'm more a USD "X" man myself :cool:

ok lesson over - back to the charts !!

Enjoy the rest of the day and i 'm always here if people have any questions
N

Attachments

• strange day indeed.jpg
    strange day indeed.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 118
as I leave you looks like the pm us session may be getting into some shape

my hunch is sell commdolls and AUD is always a solid mover....GBP has been selling all day so could be a timeout shortly

Put CAD in as Well as a decent sell........NZD has been bottom feeding all day so time to let it rest

lets see !
N

Attachments

• afternoon setups.jpg
    afternoon setups.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 120
as I leave you looks like the pm us session may be getting into some shape

my hunch is sell commdolls and AUD is always a solid mover....GBP has been selling all day so could be a timeout shortly Put CAD in as Well as a decent sell........NZD has been bottom feeding all day so time to let it rest

lets see !
N

hey all - those calls yesterday were to late really in the move but AUDUSD delivered a handful more pipponies before it retraced :cool:

overnight was bullish on the us30 but now we are seeing a fall.....some nice triple arrow signals in the mix (y)

N

Attachments

• am action .jpg
    am action .jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 112
hey rravic :cool:

a public vote of thanks for all the pm's and the work for me on the indicators in last the last few weeks :)

I am trying to go through all your updates and improvements this weekend I promise

hey I apologise for the lack of elegance on the early /original indicators here......you master programmers are toooooo fussy :p

N

ok gotta leave for some other business.......

hmm thats interesting.........the yen and usd have kicked back down much to rapidly on the 15m TF for the us30's continued decline.......are they going to get a little battered now ?(espec USD)

trading is sometimes about recognising about what is not happening and acting on it if it continues... :smart:

later
N

mornin all

i am working remotely on a mobile dongle

damn hotmail is not responding and all th3 help pages are rubbish :cry::cry:

rravic use my googlemail adress and I will try to do some work this weeknd

N

hey all

what a week on the G8............the Eurotribe (with CHF) this time dominated the plays both sides of the zero ..............everything else was pale in comparison

look at the attachment...I have a 20ma 4H and 1H up on the chart for this week just gone - thats my top 2 arrows on the triple indicator you see on most posts here

its immediately obvious the 2 dominating plays .......buy Euro and Sell GBP ! :smart:

sure you needed to dip in and out ocasionally taking profits as you went......and thats what the 15m and 1h settings warn you about when they reverse back across the zero warning you of currencies (naturally) retracing...............but thats trading !

look at CHF as well...boy he took a dive later in the week !

HEALTH WARNING - THE 4H CHART IS ONLY SHOWING SECOND HALF OF THE WEEK :innocent:

have a good weekend all (y)
N

Attachments

• week ended 22 oct2010.jpg
    week ended 22 oct2010.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 119
  • us30.jpg
    us30.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
mornin all

Heres the Videos re the previous Post.........

I see the sunday overnights had nice gains on the US30 and tag folded......

I hope the night owls made good money (y)

N

i'm putting a health warning on the USd

jees shes weak at the moment............so fill your boots if US30 rises

N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 108
weve also got a triple arrow opposites on the Yen and USD

I dont talk much anymore here publically about trading that pairing but its a very valid trade when conditions are right.....

a triple arrow opposite signal is a good start !

N

Attachments

• divorce.jpg
    divorce.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 110
AUDUSD buys seem to be the(continued) play at the moment..........keep that US30 rising and should be plain sailing here

N

AUDUSD has flattened at present ..........tighten stops and leave

the GBP and Euro look weak and under pressure to fold south.......I need some US30 falls though below the 11170's to confirm with confidence ........Yen would be better bet to buy against them as USD is not looking to bullish at present regardless of US30's activities

the commdolls are mega strong (See below) ..but as you can see my main problems are calling the Tag team and euroteams...I need the US30 to come off the pot and show me a bias to support any tag moves
if US30 rises a little I would really like Buying commdolls into the USD as the USd is weak anyway

N

Attachments

• commdolls strong.jpg
    commdolls strong.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
the hell with it.......... Sell USDCAD

Attachments

• sell USDCAD 1.jpg
    sell USDCAD 1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 106
NVP.........have you seen those support lines ?

Ok then wait till they are breached then .........i'm just calling the Corrie as I live and breathe it............the price action on the regular charts is another matter :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• sell usdcad.jpg
    sell usdcad.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 106
I saw the tag team suddently falling off of a flat US30 and CAD was only buy currency lined up on all my charts (public and private) so I called the play here

if the Tag hadnt suddenly shown that weakness i wouldnt have hit the button..

in reality the safest trades are always when the US30 is showing the same signals (all up or down) against the same ma's we are using for the triple arrow settings ...and at the moment they are not aligning like the overnight US30 did (big buy on US30)

so I am not showing discipline in my calls (no surprise there NVP) :rolleyes:

anyway lets see if it runs...fingers crossed

later
N

Hi NVP

I read your interesting thread in the early days, but lost touch this year and won't pretend I've read it all. For lazy people like myself, I'm just wondering when US30 entered the corrie picture, because I don't remember it being part of the original plan?

Hi NVP

I read your interesting thread in the early days, but lost touch this year and won't pretend I've read it all. For lazy people like myself, I'm just wondering when US30 entered the corrie picture, because I don't remember it being part of the original plan?

Hi R

the relationship is in there back on the early threads........Kinda !

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ding-basic-ideas-strategies-2.html#post876536

I used to generally bypass this relationship by just saying trade signals when the Tag team (US and Yen) crossed the same side of the Zero lines on the 20ma or whatever other corrie you were using as these guys were generally bosom buddies and it seemed simpler

i'm getting fussy in my old age and am trying to tighten up some deffinitions....the usd has become much weaker than the USD and also CHF has entered the arena much more as a (3rd) Carry play currency now that the Swiss bankers have loosened its collar

this all adds to me being more fussy on my own plays and I urge peole to be as disciplined

So as stated always look for some decent (inverse) correlation on the Yen and the USD with the Dow to justify trading those guys with other currencies......this will limit trading signals significantly though if yuo go purist on it

the last example was on the overnights when the US30 got very bullish above its 20mas on the 15,1H and 4h timeframes and the Tag team obliged with lovely falls !

heres the 4h charts summing up what I try to look for......actually the CHF is correlating better re falling than the others recently !

interesting that the USD and the Yen have been bullish recently off of a ranging/bullish US30.....the Yen is nooo surprise re that but the USD is actually strengthening a little at the moment...........

i'm not holding my breath on that continuation but a classic example of when if every trader has sell positions on USD.........then it can only rise !

N

Attachments

• us30 vs tag team.jpg
    us30 vs tag team.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited: