Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Correlation question (for anyone if Neil's still cottonpicking):
since 1:30, AUD & NZD have been rising against the dollar in tandem with strengthening Gold, as you'd expect, but EURUSD hasn't really been doing much - is it about to lock in and catch up or is that expecting too much?

Correlation question (for anyone if Neil's still cottonpicking):
since 1:30, AUD & NZD have been rising against the dollar in tandem with strengthening Gold, as you'd expect, but EURUSD hasn't really been doing much - is it about to lock in and catch up or is that expecting too much?

hi GMP

i'm gonna get horsewhipped if i dont dissapear soon and my cotton balls will be tweaked....

theres some experienced correlators now online and I 'll try to catch up later

all we need is Ivan phreddy and boiler suit and its the corrie hall of fame in residence today ! :p

N

Last edited:
hi GMP

i'm gonna get horsewhipped if i dont dissapear soon and my cotton balls tweaked....theres some experienced dudes online and I 'll try to catch up later

all we need is Ivan phreddy and boiler suit and its the corrie hall of fame in residence today ! :p

N

I think I just spotted the answer to my question on your 1000/1 setting actually thanks N - the different correlations to Gold's movement make perfect sense in light of their respective strengths on this longer term view. Seems perfectly logical now, Captain.

Alright, after confusing positive and negative correlation and opening a few trades just to pay the spread, I just took the first trade on EURUSD/USDCHF divergence. Am short on both pairs. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

N, see my PM re news indicator.

Till

sorry all.......floodlit cotton picking now introduced by the bossman (this never happened when Rhett and Scarlet owned the plantation)

will try to be back in action tomorrow.....

N

1 quick post........jees you traders are really p*ssing me off here in the trenches

look at this .......money for old rope....:p

N

Attachments

• nice afternoons work .jpg
    nice afternoons work .jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 129
big divergence on Yen / USD eh.......i'm gradually losing my ridgity on those tag rules....but thats another story !

Till , the stuff sent may help....have a run out with that old indicator and see if any use....shes good for a few miles yet.......keep it under your hat though.....

signing off for tonight
N

I think I just spotted the answer to my question on your 1000/1 setting actually thanks N - the different correlations to Gold's movement make perfect sense in light of their respective strengths on this longer term view. Seems perfectly logical now, Captain.

sure....run 2 charts together short term and long term.....thet can help confirm LT trends and retraces

N

Hi all

have a few admin things I have to do this morning before work so no overighters

there were so many party people on line yesterday I am happy to let anyone pop up the ole 4 currecy 5min chart and a little banter.......c'mon !

promise to be on later though.....inbetween the cotton picking

N

i'll leave you.....off to work

nice move up on USD and GBP down down down.....

N

cotton pickin break for 2 seconds.....and just excused myself from the camptown races choral society meeting :p

hmmmm nice tag bull session looks to be ending.....someone tell Yen though :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• latest action.jpg
    latest action.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 134
give usd a little time to work out what its doing now......on a 1000/1 5m you will see the range forming at present....

hmmm - at around 10am my U/J indicator were screaming Tag divorce was imminent .......but i am light years away yet from finalising that little dude.....and its not megapips to date by far

cotton pickin break for 2 seconds.....and just excused myself from the camptown races choral society meeting :p

hmmmm nice tag bull session looks to be ending.....someone tell Yen though :sneaky:

N

It's about time you made the permanent switch from cotton picking to pip plucking:)

if gold breaches 1147 sell U into .....umm....GBP....shame we are right on the damn 00 as thats another barrier for this