Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

look for a fast 10 when in.....or get a decent B/e in sharpish

5183 S/L

U and G are absolutely on same pivot point......breach could go either way on this point

thats why I put a little fat in that entry ....which is with recent trend for both !

they could prove me wrong though and reverse out

U and G are absolutely on same pivot point......breach could go either way on this point

thats why I put a little fat in that entry ....which is with recent trend for both !

they could prove me wrong though and reverse out

N, be careful NOT to fall into bear trap with GU, that sell marker of yours could be a "bounce" level as GU makes a shakey recovery after earlier sell off.
Simon.

right on my charts GBP has just confirmed north negating that earlier pre call......now if U confirms south we will call the reverse trade to previuos

N

remember always 4 outcomes to my currency trades

Win = call both currency directions correctly :clap:

Lose = call both currency directions wrongly :cry:

and 2 Score draws = call 1 wrong and 1 right :eek:

as I (and my systems) get better I should be able to always call one of the currencies correctly.....so thats a 75% chance of not losing much........like those odds ? :smart:

(yeah yeah lets ignore whipsaws, pilot error and all those other things that marketeers ignore as well !)

N

so in example I am watching :-

Usd has moved up again (with trend again ) = :clap:

But GBP has gone up as well (bugger) = :cry:

result = mininal loss (in fact we didnt enter the zone to trade it as I gave it a little price fat)

......now if i'd gone E/U ............doh !!! :sneaky:

N

As for news releases, Forex Factory and DailyFX have different calendars with individual interpretation of the news events. Some events may be listed on FF but not on DailyFX and vice versa, also the importance is not rated the same.

It makes sense to merge both calendars and, if you want to be careful, work with the highest rating given for a particular news item.
are you voluntering till ? :p

Actually, this is how my EA works. It parses both calendars, merges them and then avoids configurable time windows around news items (given the currencies and news importance).

I have it written as a library right now, with a bit of effort it could also be reworked into an indicator.

Till

right.....I deffinately think we are gonna get some buy Eurozone action.....but the Tag is not giving a clear clue yet..........I will continue to stalk these on my charts until again I get a decent set up....

N

G/U above 5184 is an obvious call on the standard G/U pair ......but I have 2 seperate currency signals to tell me if it does breach - is it a clean win/win trade forming ? (ie both currencies contributing to the move)

or not ?

and its not happening at moment
N

Actually, this is how my EA works. It parses both calendars, merges them and then avoids configurable time windows around news items (given the currencies and news importance).

I have it written as a library right now, with a bit of effort it could also be reworked into an indicator.

Till

are you kidding ?......is that possible ? :eek:

N

G/U above 5184 is an obvious call on the standard G/U pair ......but I have 2 seperate currency signals to tell me if it does breach - is it a clean win/win trade forming ? (ie both currencies contributing to the move)

or not ?

and its not happening at moment
N

and again they are aligning ....lets keep the same figure above

AND the markets now are telling me USD will fall........

its a constant constant chase for confluence/confirmation in all areas

lets go just shy of the 00 and set S/L at 5162....when /if it goes of course !

both are delivering nicely.......GBP upwards and USD has now started down phase.....get those B/e's in if you are a non gambler

N

wam bam thankyou maam...........those 00's are like magnets (ask boris at BKforex Trading) !

Attachments

• wam bam thank you maam.jpg
    wam bam thank you maam.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Hi Alan !

good to talk mate :p.......I see you sometimes on the thread and you must chuckle at some of the questions still flying around......remember the (pm) kittens you me and ivan (INGOT54) threw around re the MA variations and settings we were all trying ! ( I still think some of Ivans were the wildest i've seen.....but stll effective in their own way !)

keep in touch and i'm glad it still helps the day trading........i'll send you a freebee of my customised indicators when I'm ready to publish it soon (soon !).......god knows you and Ivan deserve it mate, you both mega-contributed to the success of this thread.....and all those awkward questions you asked me ! (y)

if you are trawling elsewhere (I know you follow a lot of sites and info boads) watch out for the Jason Fielder markteering re that new indicator hes selling as it looks like a Corrie to me .....and tell them that ours is available here for free on page 64 !

N

Hi Neil,

I thought you were Jason Fielder in disguise, complete with a newly acquired American accent:) Thanks for the offer of the new variety of Corrie by the way.

Patience pays when using Corrie. It's easy to jump the gun, particularly when trading off a short tf, e.g 5 mins. This morning's action is a prize example. Like many indicators, Corrie produces the most reliable results on longer tfs. Fortunately, there are enough signals at the shorter end of the scale to make it an excellent indicator. I still use the settings that I went with in the early days of testing (34-3) and despite trying umpteen combinations, I returned to this for all tfs (5 min+).

Hi Neil,

I thought you were Jason Fielder in disguise, complete with a newly acquired American accent:) Thanks for the offer of the new variety of Corrie by the way.

Patience pays when using Corrie. It's easy to jump the gun, particularly when trading off a short tf, e.g 5 mins. This morning's action is a prize example. Like many indicators, Corrie produces the most reliable results on longer tfs. Fortunately, there are enough signals at the shorter end of the scale to make it an excellent indicator. I still use the settings that I went with in the early days of testing (34-3) and despite trying umpteen combinations, I returned to this for all tfs (5 min+).

hey Alan

I do remember you loved that setting !

yep the longer timeframes are very nice and steady (as Ivan always says !)......but they bore me to death !......:sleep:

the 34/3 is a nice lazy smoothed 50ma basically - so its a classic MA setting that will always deliver.....(y)

everyone ultimately finds their perfect settings for the corrie........then burn your eyeballs with screentme and get to know every nuance of that particular setting just like Alan does....

go back to the early days on this thread and see the stuff we talked about ......its not bad at all and a far cry from my manic 1000/1 setting that is what I like to play with (others in background though !)
N

Hi Neil,

Jason fielder doesnt get out of bed for less than $2,000 a punter

so who are the mugs here ? :p

N