Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

tough morning this morning .....ive finished a while back .....nothing broke out much from 6am opens

ive been content playing yen bull moves ........euro bear .........the gbp also came hard bull late in session

N

the swissie of all things was best sell after nearly 3 hours of trading but I never played it

after a lot of years of doing it im now pretty comfortable with my scalping strategy for London session ....especially frst 2-3 hours

for me - its all about strategy and market dynamics....watching the G8 unfold like a hawk waiting for the moves ............sometimes thay come and sometimes tey dont .....thats also where patience cuts in ...

which i have little of..........its my achilles heel ....amongst many others :)

have a good day
N

morning gang ..........

been a better morning for G8 dynamics so far

usd bull from london start gates ..........steady progress so far

solid solid cad sell .....euro been rangy bear as well

others still waking up

N

I had an interesting chat yesterday with an old mate / Trader about the relative complexities of our trading systems ......

we trade totally different markets and strategies by the way

we both agreed that whilst we were doing ok it would be nice to simplify our systems and make them leaner ......we both have instinctive feels that we are making it almost too hard on ourselves

but where do you make the changes ?.....and how will it effect the overall holistic nature/dynamics/behaviour of the whole system ?

well the only way to try is to keep testing testing testing ............(sure in Demo but keep testing)

dont think that building a sucessful system is just about getting to a winning formula ...its not ..........getting to something half decent is just the beginning of the journey .........

its then about constant review and revision and adaptation ..........you can never ever be good enough in this game ..........

N

gbp is running bull hot but so is Usd at moment ...EG sells is interesting alternative

happy on Ucad buys and Eu sells at moment

awesome morning .............usd kept playing bull alongside the GBP .........swissie has been literally buried .........superb !

hey all

gbp is the sell for us session so far .............yen and usd are rocking bulls

N

morning all

steady selling of usd so far ............the most interesting currency is again the volatile Swissie that has had a very active week .........its gone bull early london

thats the star play gang selling uchf so far

N

hey all .....i finished a little while back

as already stated earlier .........i played a lot of usd bear into whatever offered on the bull runs ...............swissie rocked haevy bull early session ......and then came back again later on from 8am bar as well ............euro was teasy ...........then along came the big bad cad from 8am that was a screamer

gbp is bear but lightweight player so far .....yen selling so promising openings now

have a good one - im done ...no complaints thanks to my 2 superstar pairs the UCHF and UCAD

N