Concept FX

quick update re my cad sell yesterday at 1.0799...had taken quarter off and moved stop to 1.0760...closed now for 194 pips..has hit resistance at an obvious trendline and would rather close and be done for week as the swings have been too eratic of late...hence no Concept trades as system clearly can't read these ranges...

Now I assume that no computer driven signal told you to take this trade. This is the point I am making regarding Concept FX. You state yourself that it cannot read the ranges when the market is erratic, yet the strat that I assume you have come up with yourself can cope with it.

The point I am trying to make is this, because you know the intricate details of your strat you understand the signals therefore have the confidence to hit them and know exactly how to trade them.

When you are getting thrown signals by something you don't understand you are in the dark and thats where the whole trading psychology kicks in. If you don't understand something you'll never be confident with it and in this game confidence stands for a lot.

Therefore I think that it's more benefical to create a trading strategy that you understand and probably lose money learning to trade it than to buy a black box system that you don't understand and lose your dosh anyways...Don't want an argument. But you do seem like a capable trader so am still shocked you parted with the best part of £4k to buy this system.

Now I assume that no computer driven signal told you to take this trade. This is the point I am making regarding Concept FX. You state yourself that it cannot read the ranges when the market is erratic, yet the strat that I assume you have come up with yourself can cope with it.

The point I am trying to make is this, because you know the intricate details of your strat you understand the signals therefore have the confidence to hit them and know exactly how to trade them.

When you are getting thrown signals by something you don't understand you are in the dark and thats where the whole trading psychology kicks in. If you don't understand something you'll never be confident with it and in this game confidence stands for a lot.

Therefore I think that it's more benefical to create a trading strategy that you understand and probably lose money learning to trade it than to buy a black box system that you don't understand and lose your dosh anyways...Don't want an argument. But you do seem like a capable trader so am still shocked you parted with the best part of £4k to buy this system.

One of the most sensible posts I have read here in a long time

Just got an email from concept today.

It said that they have a new payment scheme for the first 30 people who respond to this email. You pay in installments up to Oct 2009, its over 4 installments and you only pay an installment if the system makes a profit over that given period.

I don't know if they would do this if it didn't work. Any thoughts?

It said that they have a new payment scheme for the first 30 people who respond to this email. You pay in installments up to Oct 2009, its over 4 installments and you only pay an installment if the system makes a profit over that given period.

Goldline did exactly the same thing when their system hit the rocks

nope. as i remember market went down 20% in a day but by xmas was higher.volatility was lower and hedge funds were non existent. i dont recall any major banks going bust or fannie and freddie, etc etc. 87 was scary but now looks like a blip. i doubt if this will look like a blip in 5 years time but i could be wrong.

Taking back to the last page on your post on this thread and including this post:

I'm confused, you say you worked in this business between '81 & '96, like I said, you must have seen this kind of behaviour before, now you comment on the financials and never saw banks go down by this much, 50%. You sure your working on the same planet.

Barrings bank feb 1995.
Drexel Burnham Lambert 1990.
E. F. Hutton & Co 1988.
Kidder, Peabody & Co 1986.

List to my knowledge not exhausted.

As for hedge funds non existance, the first was bought about in 1949, by 1980 they were all over the place to bring about the boom to the bust. Volatility was extreme, gains and losses were the biggest seen in the history of the markets.

Sorry bud, but you'll have to forgive the fact I doubt your words.

Anyone working the city during this time would clearly know this, and certainly remember it.

Are you a customer? I presume not, it'd be nice if they paid customers back for each quarter that we don't make a profit. :-D

hi lee

wedd durlacher 81 - 84
csfb 84 - 88
midland montagu 88 - 91 assistant director
salomon bros 91 - 95 vice preisdent

all as a trader on eurobond desk except the first one.

96, left city fo form own pubco. if you dont believe that i really couldnt care less.

all the banks you mention just went down, bust etc. i was commenting on a move up and down in a couple of hours.quite why you are being so vitriolic and personal i dont know.i was just saying....

as for hedge funds they were nowhere near as relavant as today.

anyway clearly you are an expert and also know my career history better than i do.

Taking back to the last page on your post on this thread and including this post:

I'm confused, you say you worked in this business between '81 & '96, like I said, you must have seen this kind of behaviour before, now you comment on the financials and never saw banks go down by this much, 50%. You sure your working on the same planet.

Barrings bank feb 1995.
Drexel Burnham Lambert 1990.
E. F. Hutton & Co 1988.
Kidder, Peabody & Co 1986.

List to my knowledge not exhausted.

As for hedge funds non existance, the first was bought about in 1949, by 1980 they were all over the place to bring about the boom to the bust. Volatility was extreme, gains and losses were the biggest seen in the history of the markets.

Sorry bud, but you'll have to forgive the fact I doubt your words.

Anyone working the city during this time would clearly know this, and certainly remember it.

hi lee

wedd durlacher 81 - 84
csfb 84 - 88
midland montagu 88 - 91 assistant director
salomon bros 91 - 95 vice preisdent

all as a trader on eurobond desk except the first one.

96, left city fo form own pubco. if you dont believe that i really couldnt care less.

all the banks you mention just went down, bust etc. i was commenting on a move up and down in a couple of hours.quite why you are being so vitriolic and personal i dont know.i was just saying....

as for hedge funds they were nowhere near as relavant as today.

anyway clearly you are an expert and also know my career history better than i do.

I dont doubt your credentials or where you've worked and as for attempting to take the p1ss by saying I obviously know you're career, that wasn't what I was getting at. The point is, the things you quoted as not seeing before I cannot believe for a second you were blind not to have seen them before in your career, failing that, forgetting them completely.

Over to you old boy.

hi lee

just read some of your earlier abusive messages to other forum members so wont be continuing this dialogue.

back to concept fx !

wondered how signals had done over the past 2 weeks. have you had any and if so what was the result ?

back to concept fx !

wondered how signals had done over the past 2 weeks. have you had any and if so what was the result ?

None, well one last night that hasn't triggered yet.

I made a few pips on EUR/USD last night, a pure gamble but it paid more than Concept has recently!

Phil

What do you mean am I a customer? Not of that specific deal, but I do own concept.

Yeah, I know, it was just me not remembering :D I asked as they'd mentioned the payment plan to you. Shame it's not retroactive!

You've met them, do they seem Kosher?

Phil

Concept FX deal

I got the same offer by post today must admit Im slightly tempted! I have 2500 in some shares/funds at the moment and slightly bored with the performance! I also have 3000 in an isa. Im thinking of maybe purchasing the software and gambling with the 3000 does this make me crazy? If i lost 5k on the whole deal I would be gutted but it woudn't exactly break me. I should add I have no idea about FX trading at all its just the check and forget software really appeals.

Yeah, I know, it was just me not remembering :D I asked as they'd mentioned the payment plan to you. Shame it's not retroactive!

You've met them, do they seem Kosher?

Phil

Yeah they seem to be genuine. What I liked about the whole thing is that we talked about the current losses, and he was very honest in the fact that this has happened before and WILL happen again. For them we are long term customers, because after the first year we pay £10 a week to keep the system. If the system didn't work people will simply unsibcribe after a while and they'll lose out.

If you have no experience in trading Forex I think this is a good tool. I am very much in favour of the system. By saying that I will get a lot of stick though lol.

With regards to buying it under the new payment scheme I think it's absolutely worth it, because if their system does not perform they don't get paid. Its up to you though. I can't confirm that the system has been a success for me yet, so we'll to wait and see before I can 100% tell you to part with your cash.

I always keep a positive attitude to things and it works most of the time. I think it'll work this time as well.

Thanks for the info Phil. I guess its tricky times for trading all round. how many losses have you had in a row?

10, though one of those is maybe down to me. I broke my trend the other evening by going short on EURUSD and made 26 pips :clap:

It was a gamble based on the curve and news, nothing more. The last concept signalled trade is still pending and the one before that was cancelled. The entry was 200 pips below the then current level, on a short. It never triggered. The current long is still waiting to trigger.

I'm 31% down on my bank.

I would wait before i paid Concept anything.

Phil