Candlesticks not profitable Massey University Research

Do Candlesticks work or not?

• Total voters
Yes, the Fibonacci series begins at 0 but that does not mean that a series needs to contain 0 to be a Fibonacci series. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13 is a Valid Fibonacci series and does not start with 0. It satisfies all the requirements. [F1 = 1; F2 = 1; Fn = Fn-1 + Fn-2 Each member of the series is the sum of the previous two]
Excuse my pedantry, but The Fibonacci Series, the real one, the original one, began with a value of 2 for reasons that should be obvious to those who have studied the basis for its development and the original purpose of the string.

That is has since been adopted to suit the largely whimsical constructions in support of argumentation for its own existence, determination and reality in other spheres is a continuing testament to the ability of the human mind not only to see patterns where none exist, but to create apparent order out of that which has no order in reality other than that to which an ordered mind can apply. And this without any attempt to even shake a stick let alone poke one at the mental gymnastics that are never apparently required to wonder at the lack of any sensible explaination as to the basis for consideration of 0.5 being a 'valid' Fib level.

While I am as off topic as anyone given the subject matter and the intent of the thread starter, I’ll offer you the opportunity to go a little further off on a tangent and suggest, if you wish, to consider the ramifications of Leonardo having started off with any of the other numbers of the original series other than 2.

Excuse my pedantry, but The Fibonacci Series, the real one, the original one, began with a value of 2 for reasons that should be obvious to those who have studied the basis for its development and the original purpose of the string.

That is has since been adopted to suit the largely whimsical constructions in support of argumentation for its own existence, determination and reality in other spheres is a continuing testament to the ability of the human mind not only to see patterns where none exist, but to create apparent order out of that which has no order in reality other than that to which an ordered mind can apply. And this without any attempt to even shake a stick let alone poke one at the mental gymnastics that are never apparently required to wonder at the lack of any sensible explaination as to the basis for consideration of 0.5 being a 'valid' Fib level.

While I am as off topic as anyone given the subject matter and the intent of the thread starter, I’ll offer you the opportunity to go a little further off on a tangent and suggest, if you wish, to consider the ramifications of Leonardo having started off with any of the other numbers of the original series other than 2.

You might ask where this came from? In Fibonacci's day, mathematical competitions and challenges were common. For example, in 1225 Fibonacci took part in a tournament at Pisa ordered by the emperor himself, Frederick II.

It was in just this type of competition that the following problem arose:

Beginning with a single pair of rabbits, if every month each productive pair bears a new pair, which becomes productive when they are 1 month old, how many rabbits will there be after n months?

As far a I am aware Fibo series starts with 0. The series that starts with 2 is known as Lucas numbers....See link below from a very good and extensive article on the subject......

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/lucasNbs.html

Fibonacci while in his traves around mediterranean and his base in North Africa learned about Hindiu Arabic system....

Can you quote exactly where it says it MUST start at 0?

"The Fibonacci series 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144 .. is defined by the following iteration rule: The first two numbers are equal to one, and each remaining number is the sum of the two preceding numbers."

Using this rule yields the 1st 20 Fibonacci numbers

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765

This is a Valid Fibonacci series and it does not start at 0.

So we have now just done 3 pages of pointless nonsense on Fibonacci....and the whole thing boils down to " a " and " the "....the fibonacci series starts with 0...and a fibonacci series can start anywhere we like......great...how worthwhile that was..

What about girl rabbits then eh....:LOL:

Can you quote exactly where it says it MUST start at 0?

Using this rule yields the 1st 20 Fibonacci numbers

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765

This is a Valid Fibonacci series and it does not start at 0.

Just look at the link....it is from a mathematician and a researcher....I have followed his work for few years now....

You also need to work the formulaes to ascertain that fact.......

Fibonacci series and it's invention - if that is the right word - owes very much about his knowledge about Hindu Arabic numerical system and the use of zreo for the first time whic revolutionised the west world....

I am not saying it must but what I understand is that for a valid Fibo series the start numerical is zero...

I would suggest that you start a dialogue with kind Dr on the link given....

Ok, but what about one's which are just a bit ambivalent ? perhaps have just not come out of the warren yet so to speak.

NO! Actually, I should have been more specific. There are no gay rabbits at all, period. There are gay turtles but they were never used as proof in mathematical theorems due to their irresponsible nature and habitual drug abuse. That’s a fact! You can look it up somewhere.

Girl Rabbits are hopeless at maths and are only used to test cosmetics and turtle drugs.

So we have now just done 3 pages of pointless nonsense on Fibonacci....and the whole thing boils down to " a " and " the "....the fibonacci series starts with 0...and a fibonacci series can start anywhere we like......great...how worthwhile that was..

What about girl rabbits then eh....:LOL:

.....Sometimes things appear pointless as one has no knowledge about what is being discussed.....

....Girl rabbit subject is good one.....Can one make a stew from one..??

....Sometimes things appear pointless as no one has any knowledge of what is being discussed....

That is an axiom.

An axiom is a fundamental truth.

And what you say is a fundamental truth though you may not be fully aware of it.

That is what happens when I am not here, u c ?

:LOL:

fascinating subject....did the the non selection of gay rabbits indicate that Fibby had homphobic tendencies ,and did/do the rabbits have a case for emotional distress suffered from what may have been a discrimanatory action ,or was it in fact simply a completely random event and would he therefore have been better off using black swans ?

Clearly he was right to avoid the squirrels and his crutch may not have been up to it....
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070614/tod-uk-germany-squirrel-1a5e080.html

.....Does one know how to make stew from a rabbit....??...or for that matter from a Squirrel...??

...I am partly aware of it....though I make no claim to be an expert......

But then I am always eager to learn.....

Yes I know, isn't it a shame that the many spoil it for the few ?

Tomorrow is triple witching day, which only occurs 4 times a year, yet no one has mentioned it at all.

Everything is expected to go haywire as usual on these days, so watch it and play safe.

Yes I know, isn't it a shame that the many spoil it for the few ?

Tomorrow is triple witching day, which only occurs 4 times a year, yet no one has mentioned it at all.

Everything is expected to go haywire as usual on these days, so watch it and play safe.

Quadruple witching infact, just thought I'd mention it.