Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds a bit left wing.

Felt like the Labour party speaking from Number 10.

Nah, I really do believe the message is in the same vein as Thatcher was in the 80's. Get everyone engaged, allow them to build a stake in their own future. There will always be some who get left behind, but if that number reduces yr on yr, then it's a policy success and ensures that Labour stay in the wilderness, where they belong.

Reason why market rising and looking up for the UK is because we have seen the back of the pack of four Brexiters.

How can that be the case when the market rallied straight after the result of the referendum and has continued to do so since ?

How can that be the case when the market rallied straight after the result of the referendum and has continued to do so since ?

It's the promise of a juicy bit of QE that's making people lick their lips :)

1. The market fell heavily straight after the result of the referendum, it started to rally a few days later
2. The propspect of lower interest rates for the foreseeable future , cheap money to buy stocks is appealing to the markets
3. I would imagine the value of Sterling is the best indicator of the strength of the economy
4. Perhaps, the market is still in 2 minds whether Brexit will mean what Brexiteers think it means

Market took a tumble and pound dropped from 1.50 to 1.30s.

FTSE250 still marginally down and only recovering due to Brexiters exit and support from the BoE.

Carney talking of rate cuts, QE along with Fed postponing rate rises have all helped.

There is still the uncertainty and possibility of further fall out depending on how negotiations go.

There is a sigh of relief in the markets right now with Theresa May's election who is a reluctant remainer and is viewed positively thus far.

If the regular gang of four were anywhere near the cabinet markets would be in a very different place. Boris being a surprise selection but I'm sure that's more to do with letting him eat some humble pie and apply his charm offensive.

Boris has become the little give to the Brexit crowd and deep down he is European and favours a better deal which will come out in the wash one way or other.

Market took a tumble and pound dropped from 1.50 to 1.30s.

FTSE250 still marginally down and only recovering due to Brexiters exit and support from the BoE.

Carney talking of rate cuts, QE along with Fed postponing rate rises have all helped.

There is still the uncertainty and possibility of further fall out depending on how negotiations go.

There is a sigh of relief in the markets right now with Theresa May's election who is a reluctant remainer and is viewed positively thus far.

If the regular gang of four were anywhere near the cabinet markets would be in a very different place. Boris being a surprise selection but I'm sure that's more to do with letting him eat some humble pie and apply his charm offensive.

Boris has become the little give to the Brexit crowd and deep down he is European and favours a better deal which will come out in the wash one way or other.

When Leadsom was grilling Bob Diamond in 2012, her opening statement was along the lines of, "you seem to be living in a parallel universe" :)

I think that's what we have going on here :LOL:

Brexit means out. Not only do we want out, notable other country members want us out too !

When Leadsom was grilling Bob Diamond in 2012, her opening statement was along the lines of, "you seem to be living in a parallel universe" :)

I think that's what we have going on here :LOL:

Brexit means out. Not only do we want out, notable other country members want us out too !

Seeing is believing ;)

I'll believe it when I see it!

Seeing is believing ;)

I'll believe it when I see it!

Without banging the Brexit drum for one minute, i would think Germany and France would now like to see the back of us and probably for us to fail, our leaving allows them to try bossing the others and integrating more without our decent, plus if we were to fail, then they can happily say "look told you so", besides any backtracking would see the markets and investment become very unforgiving.

Without banging the Brexit drum for one minute, i would think Germany and France would now like to see the back of us and probably for us to fail, our leaving allows them to try bossing the others and integrating more without our decent, plus if we were to fail, then they can happily say "look told you so", besides any backtracking would see the markets and investment become very unforgiving.

Not Germany. France and Spain angling for fall out business to go their way.

Way I see it, finance to Paris and car assembly to Spain. Smaller countries and Poland would like us to stay.

Difficult times ahead with negotiations and uncertainty. Now hoping for the best and give it all we've got. Drop in pound is a boon to business.

Wake up call to EU too. They should listen. I see positives on both sides if sense prevails. (y)

The UK is the second biggest trading partner in Europe with Germany. The EU still has a lot more to worry about than the UK. The $h** still has not completely hit the fan yet for the EU. When the UK triggers section 50, that will be the second phase. When the UK finally leaves, then the $h** will completely hit the fan as it were. On that date, $2.7 trillion will disappear overnight from the EU GDP. Their economy will shrink by 15%.

The EU should be rooting for the UK to succeed. Even though they may not like, the UK is responsible for being the second biggest trading partner with Germany representing 8%. Germany represents 41% of all EU trade. If the UK does not do well to decides to shop elsewhere, that will hurt the Germans. When the Germans are hurting, that will hurt the EU.

It is not the UK that is in a position of weakness, it is the EU. The EU just has not seen the negative ramifications of the Brexit yet. Bluff while you can EU. When the $h** happens, you will go to the UK like Oliver Twist saying, "please, more sir!"

None of the above has anything to do with Brexiters being sent packing in my view.

Are you going to keep us in suspense or let us know why you think the markets have rallied after the referendum result? :rolleyes:

I am not one, who after an event, tries to explain why something may have happened as is the case with most economists, politicians and post analysis traders. I tend to view things the other way around and look at why something has not happened such as you telling us the markets would crash and then didn't. I look at the supposed variables that people convince themselves are contributing but on anaylsis there is no evidence for, (ie markets rallying because four Bexiters were sent packing etc) is completely lacking any evidence at all to the rally we have seen because the rally was already happening and consistently before this happened.

I am not really interetsed in finding the variables / reasons as to why it has rallied and I appoached trading in the same way. I know this is counter intuitive to how most people do things but then most people lose money and are wrong in their predictions as to what is likely to happen.

The issue with the internet is that it is very easy to find some evidence to support any view on any subject and that applies as much to markets, economics and politics as anything else. The real skill is in knowing how to discount or disprove something as it is much more effective than the alternative of finding evidence to support something in my view.

I am not one, who after an event, tries to explain why something may have happened as is the case with most economists, politicians and post analysis traders. I tend to view things the other way around and look at why something has not happened such as you telling us the markets would crash and then didn't. I look at the supposed variables that people convince themselves are contributing but on anaylsis there is no evidence for, (ie markets rallying because four Bexiters were sent packing etc) is completely lacking any evidence at all to the rally we have seen because the rally was already happening and consistently before this happened.

I am not really interetsed in finding the variables / reasons as to why it has rallied and I appoached trading in the same way. I know this is counter intuitive to how most people do things but then most people lose money and are wrong in their predictions as to what is likely to happen.

The issue with the internet is that it is very easy to find some evidence to support any view on any subject and that applies as much to markets, economics and politics as anything else. The real skill is in knowing how to discount or disprove something as it is much more effective than the alternative of finding evidence to support something in my view.

Markets didn't crash because corrective action was taken to minimise the effect. Do you not see? You don't see pound rallying to 1.50 on expectations of a Remain vote and then crashing to 1.28 and below as a consequence of Brexit? FTSE250 dropping over 10%?

Do you not see property funds being hit and frozen at the prospect of a Brexit?Orders being cancelled. Investments postponed?

If Gove, Leasdom, Boris and Farage were left at the helm you certainly would have seen something else. We are not out of the woods either but one is optimistic that a deal can be done that is mutually beneficial to both parties.

Now wondering what impact or fall out from Brexit you would consider as evidence. :whistling

I'm puzzled as to why you keep on about this imaginary gang of Four.

Gove made so many errors in his post handling of Brexit. Stab people in the back and you can expect the same to happen to you. I would never have backed him.

Farage was the chap who exposed the EU for what it is and maintained the pressure both home and abroad which ultimately delivered the referendum. A choice denied to us by successive Governments. He sounded pretty genuinely tired when he bowed out from the UKIP job. He was never part of the Govt who would need to implement leave.

Leadsom did acres of work in the years running up to the referendum. She believed that we would have been better off in the EU, but only if it was reformed. When Cameron came back with close to bugger all, her mind was made up. Unreformable was her verdict, so we should leave.

Johnson is a bit of a mystery. One of life's affable mavericks perhaps. Mad as a box of frogs, but so what ! We need a few characters to keep it all interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36790710

Here's the shape of the cabinet. 22 appointed of which 7 are leavers. No problem with the balance or shape from me. No problem that many MP's ended up on the wrong side of the vote either, because i'm pretty sure that half of them don't believe in the EU. In any event, the Govt knows it has to deliver to the satisfaction of the public and they will be held accountable as it all moves forward. It's probably the single biggest issue this country has faced in 3 generations and there are many people watching to ensure it will be carried out.