Brexit - in or out

. . .The statistics show that the older one is, further one is from London, the less well educated and the lower the income more likely to vote out. . .
I'm in my mid 50s.
I live in Devon.
I struggle to spell my own name (where did the sk come from as in timsk)!
Income - what's that?!
And yes, I'm voting out.
:LOL:

EU stop us from doing this and that. Numbers don't stack up. Emotions are hijacked with the migrant issue. I share these feelings. It's a question of my heart or my brain.

The statistics show that the older one is, further one is from London, the less well educated and the lower the income more likely to vote out.

Nearer one is to London, better educated and younger with higher incomes more likely to vote in.

Now these are simply segments of intention from the polled population coming from polling companies. So the numbers are what they are.

I reckon at the end of the day if everyone votes for their best interest than the country as a collective whole will be collectively better off in total, hence, country will be 'happier'. That's what counts.

It'll then be a case of getting back to the drawing board and making it happen.

Best wishes to you all (y)

Ah, at last, acknowledgement that there might be a problem across the general population.

If the working classes coupled with those in the middle being dragged down and struggling to make ends meet can see no benefit in being part of the system that rewards and favours the elites, then is it any wonder that they will vote to smash up that system. To them it doesn't matter that there may not be a fully outlined replacement system. They just know that what is in place now doesn't work for them.

I'm in my mid 50s.
I live in Devon.
I struggle to spell my own name (where did the sk come from as in timsk)!
Income - what's that?!
And yes, I'm voting out.

I know my English geography is not perfect, but I thought you live in Birmingham. :innocent:

I met some nice people from Devon.

Said the rotund man from far far away.... That and who would keep them in mushy peas and pork scratchings?

And social security benefits in the style to which they have become accustomed at the expense of us in London and the South East.

Ah, at last, acknowledgement that there might be a problem across the general population.

If the working classes coupled with those in the middle being dragged down and struggling to make ends meet can see no benefit in being part of the system that rewards and favours the elites, then is it any wonder that they will vote to smash up that system. To them it doesn't matter that there may not be a fully outlined replacement system. They just know that what is in place now doesn't work for them.

I do agree as in the words of Adam Smith everyone should vote for the outcome that's likely to benefit them them most.

Invisible hand will thus in aggregate benefit the whole of the UK.

I do agree as in the words of Adam Smith everyone should vote for the outcome that's likely to benefit them them most.

Invisible hand will thus in aggregate benefit the whole of the UK.

What !!!??? I thought Liberals were anti-capitalism ;) :LOL:

What !!!??? I thought Liberals were anti-capitalism ;) :LOL:

Well you learn new things everyday. I never thought I'd live to see the day Tories wanting to raise the wage of your average man and shout about it but I have. Now waiting to see if I'll get to witness hell freeze over too.

One of my friends said he'd like to introduce me to his elderly aunt who knows UK history very well and she's a strong Brexiter.

Said I'd love to have afternoon tea and biscuits with her. I'm sure she'll be delightful company :)

How wonderful is that?

FYI for anyone interested: Adam Smith did not coin the phrase or term "the invisible hand". It was popularized by him in his Theory of Moral Sentiments. Bernard de Mandeville come up with "the invisible hand" much earlier to refer to rational self-interest.

People should vote based upon rational self-interest. Adam Smith used it in regards to capitalism because it is the only system that works in harmony with and promotes rational self-interest.

I'm voting in the national self interest, it may mean I'll lose my job, my home, my family, maybe it'll lead me to the edge....

But then I'll be saved by WW3, I'll be a conscript, fighting in the trenches, those dirty continentals will get it then.

But at least I will be happy in the knowledge that we will be in charge of our own destiny.

Vive le Democracy (scuse my very poor French) :clap:

national self-interest is an oxymoron. The nation is made up of "selves" (plural). You are but one "self" (singular). A bit contradictory! :confused:
Screen_Shot_2016_06_21_at_11_17_43_AM.png

national self-interest is an oxymoron. The nation is made up of "selves" (plural). You are but one "self" (singular). A bit contradictory! :confused:

Thanks for the explanation of the word too.

You have a potential president with lots of words apparently and some really big ones at that, so he says.

Thanks for the explanation of the word too.

You have a potential president with lots of words apparently and some really big ones at that, so he says.

Potential is a matter of semantics. :LOL: Who is it that you think has potential? :confused:

Possible yes. Potential no.

It's badly needed, the EU is a fine mess, luckily this thread has highlighted a lot of accurate rumours about the EU.

I'm almost ready to vote after the awfully good debates I've read, I just hope we don't make a calculated error in voting out, but at least it will be a calculated risk.

I hope those oxymorons are as clear as mud?

There maybe a clue where I say he says.

As for potential, it was referring to their chance of becoming president as opposed to any budding parts of character or ability. I guess this is in the wrong thread but the USA is getting to vote on two utterly dislikeable characters.

My money is on the one with the big hands and it isn't Donald.

There maybe a clue where I say he says.

As for potential, it was referring to their chance of becoming president as opposed to any budding parts of character or ability. I guess this is in the wrong thread but the USA is getting to vote on two utterly dislikeable characters.

My money is on the one with the big hands and it isn't Donald.

I know what you meant. That's why I said possible without potential. Political correctness will ensure her victory. Political correctness is doing things for the hell of it instead of what is necessary.

I know what you meant. That's why I said possible without potential. Political correctness will ensure her victory. Political correctness is doing things for the hell of it instead of what is necessary.

I would suggest most times he speaks ensure her victory and the less she says the better for her too.