Brexit and the Consequences

With a world too rapidly filling up with people it should imho be an important issue.
Perhaps I misunderstood your comment Pat. By 'restraint', I thought you were alluding to contraception - hence my remark about JRM being a Catholic.

For Split's benefit - yes, he is devout, hence his rather extreme views on abortion.
Tim.

For Split's benefit - yes, he is devout, hence his rather extreme views on abortion.
Tim.

I feel very uncomfortable when someone in power proclaims a religious devotion. I can't help thinking they have another cause which they and I don't share. And given no other option, or maybe just given the slightest chance, they will use their power to assert their views regardless of mine.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment Pat. By 'restraint', I thought you were alluding to contraception - hence my remark about JRM being a Catholic.

Tim.

You were spot on Tim. Either contraception devices or abstinence.

Tim.

I'm not a Catholic ,my wife is. I haven't asked my three kids, lately, what they are. My eldest married in a Catholic church--the priest did not seem to mind.

Pick on someone else, Tim! :D We're, all, free thinkers over here. :LOL:

Last edited:
Most people consider Moggy as a boring middle aged white man in a pin striped suit. With 7 children he might show some restraint too.

I had the same opinion of JRM before I started listening to him, just another Tory Toff with no thought for the working classes, however my thoughts have done a 180. Check out some of his Tory conference speeches as well as the link below. At least he has been upfront and honest (as a politician can be) about his faith and his personal opinions, he has also stated he has no intention of changing the law based on his views. He hasn't yet conformed to the MSM narrative that so many politicians appease (Trump is similar).

He would make an excellent Brexit PM.

He does talk some sense doesn't he:

JRM on 20 Billion exit bill

I live in a country of Catholics. Devout? There aren't many of those about these days. Realistic catholics is more like it and not with seven kids, either!
. . .Pick on someone else, Tim! :D We're, all, free thinkers over here. :LOL:
Not pickin' on you Split', merely pointing out that JRM is a devout Catholic; something you appeared to question in your earlier post (quoted). If I've got that wrong or misinterpreted your remark, I apologize.
:love:
Tim.

i had the same opinion of jrm before i started listening to him, just another tory toff with no thought for the working classes, however my thoughts have done a 180. Check out some of his tory conference speeches as well as the link below. At least he has been upfront and honest (as a politician can be) about his faith and his personal opinions, he has also stated he has no intention of changing the law based on his views. He hasn't yet conformed to the msm narrative that so many politicians appease (trump is similar).

He would make an excellent brexit pm.

He does talk some sense doesn't he:

jrm on 20 billion exit bill

Mogg Leader..JPG

Why the EU should let the UK revoke Article 50

Notice the date on the article - 13th of October 17. Not superstitious just that it is a recent doc.

Also, Five major lobby groups write letter to David Davis in latest sign of employers’ growing alarm about state of talks with EU

The CBI and British Chambers of Commerce were among the signatories warning Davis of the potentially dire consequences for the UK economy if he failed to agree a transition period of at least two years with the EU. The bosses of the manufacturing trade body EEF, the Institute of Directors and the Federation of Small Businesses also signed the letter on behalf of their members, who employ millions of UK workers.

I'm going to guess Brexiters will say these businesses are not experts or are experts and either way because they are not all hoover manufacturers and thus possibly can not know what they are talking about quoting dire consequences.

Some people in Kent now wondering what's going to happen about the lorry park? I'm not talking about the fiasco and opposition going on now but once WTO rules setup and traffic and queues multiply with increased delays.

Think long and hard guys. Dire consequences for the UK economy are indeed fear inducing two words. You should be afraid if you have any common sense. (y)

Notice the date on the article - 13th of October 17. Not superstitious just that it is a recent doc.

Also, Five major lobby groups write letter to David Davis in latest sign of employers’ growing alarm about state of talks with EU

The CBI and British Chambers of Commerce were among the signatories warning Davis of the potentially dire consequences for the UK economy if he failed to agree a transition period of at least two years with the EU. The bosses of the manufacturing trade body EEF, the Institute of Directors and the Federation of Small Businesses also signed the letter on behalf of their members, who employ millions of UK workers.

I'm going to guess Brexiters will say these businesses are not experts or are experts and either way because they are not all hoover manufacturers and thus possibly can not know what they are talking about quoting dire consequences.

Some people in Kent now wondering what's going to happen about the lorry park? I'm not talking about the fiasco and opposition going on now but once WTO rules setup and traffic and queues multiply with increased delays.

Think long and hard guys. Dire consequences for the UK economy are indeed fear inducing two words. You should be afraid if you have any common sense. (y)

Tick tock, tick tock, we're still leaving, that's the default position :)

Not pickin' on you Split', merely pointing out that JRM is a devout Catholic; something you appeared to question in your earlier post (quoted). If I've got that wrong or misinterpreted your remark, I apologize.
:love:
Tim.

I apologise to you! I misunderstood and jumped the gun. Too full of my own Goodness :innocent:

Perhaps I am in a good position to be neutral - not having voted in the referendum.
But as far as I could see pensioners will get the same poor deal whichever way it goes. The PM cares more about wasting taxpayer's money on submarines and High Speed Trains than to use a most important resource i.e. pensioners properly. The young are as usual in too much of a hurry to get rid of their oldies rather than learning from them.
Make pensions equal all round imho and the country would benefit enormously. All the pension money would be ploughed back into the economy rather than be hoovered up by the rich and squirreled away.
The situation in Spain is a case in point. I expect Madrid will try and force Catalonia to come to heel. The Catalans will resist and then the trouble will start. Quite the wrong tactics to employ.

EU funds equated to 21% of the CBI’s income after tax.

Enough said about that

Perhaps I am in a good position to be neutral - not having voted in the referendum.
But as far as I could see pensioners will get the same poor deal whichever way it goes. The PM cares more about wasting taxpayer's money on submarines and High Speed Trains than to use a most important resource i.e. pensioners properly. The young are as usual in too much of a hurry to get rid of their oldies rather than learning from them.
Make pensions equal all round imho and the country would benefit enormously. All the pension money would be ploughed back into the economy rather than be hoovered up by the rich and squirreled away.
The situation in Spain is a case in point. I expect Madrid will try and force Catalonia to come to heel. The Catalans will resist and then the trouble will start. Quite the wrong tactics to employ.

I don't understand what you mean Pat, can you elaborate? Ta.

Sounds like a novel idea – care to elucidate?

One thing that has been made clear about this and that is democracy is only in play when it suits an outcome for an individual. Outside of that its no rules apply and pushing any cr@p on the media or piping through organisations who are effectively funded by the EU is all in a day's work by the undemocratic remain side.

One thing that has been made clear about this and that is democracy is only in play when it suits an outcome for an individual. Outside of that its no rules apply and pushing any cr@p on the media or piping through organisations who are effectively funded by the EU is all in a day's work by the undemocratic remain side.

They can't stand it when people point it out.

I think that is what has fundamentally changed in this and other countries. Governments and organisations are now so behind the curve in the "information age", that they can't pull the wool over any longer. Not only is information available for those who can be bothered looking, but speed, method and circulation of communication also ensures that the relevant stuff cannot be buried.

This must be Project Fear 3.0, didn't they say in 1999 that the City of London would lose out to Frankfurt if the UK didn't join the Euro, how did that work out then, that would have been the original Project Fear 1.0.

Then we had Project Fear at the referendum, so that would be Project Fear 2.0.

So this is Project Fear 3.0.