Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Dow boys are trying to demoralize the weaker bulls here, put the fear of god in them :D

before they bounce it

In case anyone was wondering, my stop was 23,200 and CMC shows the low for the us 30 dec 17 as 23,201 :cool:
(screenshot was obviously taken a couple hours ago, only just had time to post it)

Probably just means I'll get taken out tomorrow instead :LOL:

Attachments

• 1 Point Away.jpg
    1 Point Away.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 101
In case anyone was wondering, my stop was 23,200 and CMC shows the low for the us 30 dec 17 as 23,201 :cool:
(screenshot was obviously taken a couple hours ago, only just had time to post it)

Probably just means I'll get taken out tomorrow instead :LOL:

Not so easy to follow along without proper comparison charts between futures and cash. Based on the conversion calcs from yesterday, I thought the cash stop number was good to the tune of approx 50 points.:confused:

Thread needs some proper charts....it's way too important a topic not to do it justice :)

Good strong bounce as well. This trade could be a runner.

I have found it annoying myself to be honest. Shall I post charts of both futures and cash or just convert roughly to cash?

Finally got a bit of time off work to be able to keep an eye on the trade it’s so frustrating going hours not knowing where it is. My stop is in a good place so I’ve kept it where it is and added in a couple more positions, worst case scenario now is my total profit will be 6k (y)

Screenshot showing added positions, today could be the 10k profit day with fomc etc! The 2 added positions make it £15 a point now and it's ticking along quite nicely (y)

Attachments

• 22 Trade.jpg
    22 Trade.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 111
Man I'm so close to 10k profit it's killing me, 6 points away! I know it's a meaningless number but I've been saying to a friend of mine for about 2 years that one day I'll get a trade go for 10k profit

Man I'm so close to 10k profit it's killing me, 6 points away! I know it's a meaningless number but I've been saying to a friend of mine for about 2 years that one day I'll get a trade go for 10k profit

Stick some limits on the 10k number then.:LOL:
Maybe move the aggregate stop up too.:smart:

I was 4 points from seeing 10k now it's pulled back:cry:

I was just sat here deciding what to do with the stop actually. Part of me really wants to lock more cash in as psychologically that's the best thing to do but I'll wait until today finishes to decide. It'll probably tank and stop me out after fomc later

I was 4 points from seeing 10k now it's pulled back:cry:

I was just sat here deciding what to do with the stop actually. Part of me really wants to lock more cash in as psychologically that's the best thing to do but I'll wait until today finishes to decide. It'll probably tank and stop me out after fomc later

Dunno if it helps but here's my take on the cash chart.
Not sure about waiting for FOMC. Most of the move could already be priced in. I guess if you have enough profit beforehand, the sensible move would be to close out.

Attachments

• cash-stop.png
    cash-stop.png
    122 KB · Views: 95
Not sure about waiting for FOMC. Most of the move could already be priced in. I guess if you have enough profit beforehand, the sensible move would be to close out.

Your stop is basically where I was thinking of putting mine (y)

My target is still a little way away so I don't want to close it (it's not 30,000 like it says in the screenshots), this is a ridiculous amount of money for me but no guts no glory :cool:

Out of interest, would you take the money and run?

@brewski,

I have deep respect and a long good standing with counter-violent but.......

Don't listen to what he says (regardless of the outcome). People for a long time have been telling you to close out, I, to my knowledge have been the only one telling you to go with your own plan. Plus all the text messages we've sent each other.

If it had been up to others, you would have closed out at a few hundred or less. Since you have stuck to your guns with a do or die attitude, you are on the brink of closing out the biggest trade you've ever made. Regardless of this, the worst case scenario still ends up banking you a sh1t load of cash, more than most peoples quarterly earnings. And they'll be many more trades to come.

PS: For every seller there is a buyer and vice versa. Everyone has their own opinions on what the market will do next. If this is the case, they would have their own trades on that particular outcome, for which there is only ever two, up or down, make or lose, do or die.

PPS: Post written in respect to counter-violent

Lee

@brewski,

I have deep respect and a long good standing with counter-violent but.......

Don't listen to what he says (regardless of the outcome). People for a long time have been telling you to close out, I, to my knowledge have been the only one telling you to go with your own plan. Plus all the text messages we've sent each other.

If it had been up to others, you would have closed out at a few hundred or less. Since you have stuck to your guns with a do or die attitude, you are on the brink of closing out the biggest trade you've ever made. Regardless of this, the worst case scenario still ends up banking you a sh1t load of cash, more than most peoples quarterly earnings. And they'll be many more trades to come.

PS: For every seller there is a buyer and vice versa. Everyone has their own opinions on what the market will do next. If this is the case, they would have their own trades on that particular outcome, for which there is only ever two, up or down, make or lose, do or die.

PPS: Post written in respect to counter-violent

Lee

Cheers Lee, good job i'm not most people :LOL:

My posts in this thread do try to strike a balance, but as you say, it all rests with Brewski and his decisions alone.

Wouldn't be much of a thread if we didn't all chime in though. :clap: