Beat The Broker Compo!

I think mentioning t2w is far more important than the prizes.

For what it's worth, ETX people - A) the gentleman who sits next to me has just come back to our office and knows someone starting at your place very well B) I'll give you a fricking good write up for t2w in exchange for Dom... only five minutes walk away... you know it makes sense ;)

Very similar, six letters though ;)

I'm thinking we should all give our money to goose and spend our days masturbating...

lol - arabian, I just logged into your account!

I sold some oats for you :cheesy:

You're in trouble now (from the chat room):

arabianights: p.s. to anyone lurking who the **** traded oats on my behalf, what the **** is oats?

*edited the naughty words out* :LOL:

lol - arabian, I just logged into your account!

I sold some oats for you :cheesy:

pmsl (and I can't really express how much I am finding that hilarious, I've avoided the p of msl but **** me you deserve all my reputation points :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:) just closed it and the other trade.

Doin' alright.

P.S. does anyone know what the **** oats are?

pmsl (and I can't really express how much I am finding that hilarious, I've avoided the p of msl but **** me you deserve all my reputation points :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:) just closed it and the other trade.

Doin' alright.

Yummy for breakfast. If you're selling anymore i'll have some-- like, 250g - not 25,000kg, ok?

I believe they are what young men sew - or do I mean sow?
:cheesy:

I'm hacked off with this comp' now. I was up to +£50k at lunchtime and blew up. Got up to +£50K (unrealised) this afternoon - and the same thing happened. Got to go for broke now to get above the broker.
Well done everyone here - I'm most impressed with your results.
Tim.

Well I'm BigEgo on the comp, and managed 21st place earlier today with around £34k just trading GBP/CHF. Then blew up in the afternoon on the DOW trying to push into the £40k's to beat the broker.

Couple of observations though.

Do people realise they can reset the 20k MORE THAN ONCE INTRADAY? Some think it's once per day - that's the automatic reset at 6.30am. But you can lose it all by 9.30am then reset and start again.
That kind of means you can just keep trying until something pays off, so it's so unrealistic it's off the scale! Ok it's just a game.

Erm, the competition may infact backfire for ETX as I'm finding their platform a bit annoying. I know about the player vs real diffs, fine, but I've had trouble loading pages and logging in, probably high demand by competition entrants. But rather than making me want to join ETX after the competition ends, it might actually put me off full stop. Oh well, I'm sure they'll get SOME new business out of it.

As I write GOOSE is up to £350k! This is obscene! :)
Ok we are all dying to know what instrument he is using, though I imagine he can't be bothered to say ( shame - it's only a game hey ho - hope i'm wrong ) - but honestly - I just cant see any instruments that have moved enough in the day to turn 20k into this figure. He must be in and out with perfect timing. It really is amazing.

However, if enough people make random trades then the old monkey's and typewriters effect must result in 1 big winner I guess. The real proof would be consistent returns like this on EACH day.

But respect to you Goose, well played today!

Cheers, but i've still got 17 mins to mess this up!

I'm intrigued to see if TD is running a limit short into the close, I won't be happy!

I'm intrigued to see if TD is running a limit short into the close, I won't be happy!

lol Goose!
Now you're just showing off!
Very impressed though I have to say. I hope we can rely on you to share your strategy with everyone here once the comp' is over?
Now, just time to get a long DOW trade in before market close . . .
Tim.

If you can do this again tomorrow put me down for the first place on your £995 trading seminar. :cheesy:

PS I've read a few of your earlier posts and can now see you're into the DOW so no mystery there, thanks for sharing. Also surprised to see you were on around £600 per point, I just went upto the £100 per point maximum with my trades. The lightbulb has now come on as I realise you have entered multiple trades on the same instrument to achieve a much higher pound per point. Got it now!

Also agree the league table should be on current PL not just realised. Took me a while to work out why my £34k wasn't showing earlier - then I closed it all and bingo.

Shame it's only on for a week, what fun...

£387k for you now... There will be questions in Parliament you know... :eek:

:eek::eek::eek:
6 mins to go and I'm ahead of The_Broker by a mere £75.00!! There's no trade on for me now and I don't know whether to sit tight and hope he's done for the day or to REALLY start throwing caution to the wind?????
Help!!!!
Tim.

One question - does anyone know, can't see it in the rules.

You have to close positions before 9pm I think, for them to be included.

If you have an open position in a daily cash instrument, eg DOW does it's natural settlement at 9pm count or do you still have to manually close it at eg 8.55pm to ensure it counts.

I'm sure someone on the leader board has come across this.

One question - does anyone know, can't see it in the rules.

You have to close positions before 9pm I think, for them to be included.

If you have an open position in a daily cash instrument, eg DOW does it's natural settlement at 9pm count or do you still have to manually close it at eg 8.55pm to ensure it counts.

I'm sure someone on the leader board has come across this.

i think they automatically close your trades and then add it to the P/L.