Beat The Broker Compo!

Well if I was able to close my ftse cash short from this morning I'd be back in the table again.

[edit] it closed automatically and I'm now in 58th place!

Can't trade this evening otherwise I would have had another go. Good luck goose - hope you get the ipod!

What do you mean?
Do you have a daily FTSE that will be added at 9pm?
Not sure if they have resolved that but it would take up a lot of margin and therefore hinders you by not being able to trade later on.

I saw you in the top 10 earlier!!

Only did an hour or so this afternoon - in 34th and done for the day. It's respectable enough.

Yep, I was up to 47K - I got stopped out by a massive short stake in the dow at the open, took me down to 15K so gave up for the day - didn't close my FTSE cash short though - the system closed it out at close for 11K profit. Was stuck in my positions list for a while though eating up margin and I couldn't close it manually.

Another case of being right too soon !

Fortunately my live trades (mirroring the demo account) were ok - they didn't come too near their stops. Although I have to say I think I'm taking this a bit too seriously as at one point I closed my demo trades before my live ones!!

i think that lucks truly gone, i knew i shouldnt have cleaned that s*!t of my shoes, im hoping i can pull something out the bag in the last hour like monday :( :'( and all i wanna do is swap the bottle of wino for an ipod touch :'(

I traded arabianights from 57k. He's at the pub! Lots of people from chatzy have done well who joined late.

No catching up to goose now. 140k.

I reckon the broker has a good position if he hasnt updated for 2-3 hours

Last edited:
I traded arabianights from 57k. He's at the pub! Lots of people from chatzy have done well who joined late.

No catching up to goose now. 140k.

I reckon the broker has a good position if he hasnt updated for 2-3 hours

Make that 174k!
I was in a similar position last night and threw it away.

I'm a little worried that even if i do preserve my account, someone is going to close a big winner right at the death, like TraderDante earlier.

That's why I think it shouldn't be based on realised P+L

Make that 174k!
I was in a similar position last night and threw it away.

I'm a little worried that even if i do preserve my account, someone is going to close a big winner right at the death, like TraderDante earlier.

That's why I think it shouldn't be based on realised P+L

he's been quiet for a while has that dante, running a large loss perhaps? lol

seriously good stuff there goose, well played so far, fingers crossed for the ipod and mucho kudos :clap:

the SB platform is soo clumsy and slow! its such an ar$e ache trying to scale in and scale out of trades, and waiting for page refreshes to get market prices.

Makes direct-access feel like a breath of fresh air!

Last edited:
Anyway that's me for the day, best I stop before I stuff up some more and get too close to the_broker, good luck all for the rest of today

Will the real fannish89 now please stand up :cheesy: :clap:

attachment.php

Attachments

• its me.JPG
    its me.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 320
You have to repeatively click close or sell/buy to see updating prices. Then when you do if you click its a lucky dip.

Who wants arabians password

I KNEWI T

I've beaten the broker today!!

He's been on £40,315 all afternoon, looks like he's finished for the day...

Oh, and to get real-time prices you have to have a funded account. I've been with them for years, formerly known as Tradindex.

Cheers all

I've beaten the broker today!!

He's been on £40,315 all afternoon, looks like he's finished for the day...

Oh, and to get real-time prices you have to have a funded account. I've been with them for years, formerly known as Tradindex.

Cheers all

Well done, hope it stays like that.

I got an e-mail from him earlier today and he said he would be out this evening but might get a chance to do bits and pieces.

Sorry I should elaborate on that...

He e-mailed me because I made a post yesterday doubting whether they would give me a prize as I work in the industry. To my surprise, he said they would!

Nice of him I thought! Now I'd better not blow it like last night!

Lovely score - £183000. Awesome!!

I was just going to do a Dax short but I hesitated, and it's now plummeting... oh well.

Sorry I should elaborate on that...

He e-mailed me because I made a post yesterday doubting whether they would give me a prize as I work in the industry. To my surprise, he said they would!

Nice of him I thought! Now I'd better not blow it like last night!

LordE - Haha i think not, he wouldn't give me a job either as he knows i''ve been on this board and his site all day!

Arb - Yes, he's been looking and said he will mention the site and comments in his diary tomorrow. Fair play

Ian