Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Strong night on the FTSE, RIO up 5% on cost cutting.
DOW seem's to have stalled.
Looking to close the gap on the ASX to around 4475/80, current 4497.
Happy to buy below 4470, gains should be capped at 4510/15
Market price action suggesting a rate cut next week, also the weakness in the AUD also seem's to be looking for a cut.
Lot of Japan data on the wire today.

Market price action suggesting a rate cut next week, also the weakness in the AUD also seem's to be looking for a cut.

Perhaps I will sound like a complete novice but how can you determine such stuff? I would never be able to tell that, or is it simply experience of listening to news and seeing similar patterns forming with certain events?

Perhaps I will sound like a complete novice but how can you determine such stuff? I would never be able to tell that, or is it simply experience of listening to news and seeing similar patterns forming with certain events?

Hi SlowlyButSurely

Come's with hard work and experience.
I find the ASX has a habit of repeating, maybe at different price levels.
Go to bed thinking ASX price and wake up thinking ASX price, even at the weekend think ASX price.
Try to play the days action out in my head before the market opens.
Looking the overnight leads from FTSE, DOW,etc
And if Hong Kong, China, oversea's futures & AUD moves to certain levels how that will effect ASX.
Also don't worry I can be completely wrong some days.

If DAX makes a pop higher today then watch levels 7441...7482....7513...7580...7642..7676....though not expecting an assault on levels above 7500 today... but who knows..DAX seems to have a strong agenda... am still of the view that it wants to do 7676 this year,

Morning All

BHP +0.70%
RIO +2.75%
Sea of green in Asia.
DAX had few shots at getting passed 7440/40 in the last 3 months.
Hit 8000 back in 2007.
Out for dinner, catch you later.

If DAX makes a pop higher today then watch levels 7441...7482....7513...7580...7642..7676....though not expecting an assault on levels above 7500 today... but who knows..DAX seems to have a strong agenda... am still of the view that it wants to do 7676 this year,

thanks daddyjohn

mornin' all

racing again today so standing clear. has 8:30 struck a tad early?

Super Mario was on the radio in the morning to assure the markets, before some weak data come out of France and Germany

What do they mean by long equity volatility? Do they mean actual volatility or something like the VIX which goes down if the ES is up 4%.

There's a meeting on Tuesday and the Aussie is underperforming, implying that the market is pricing in a rate cut.

...I'm a novice too tho, so...er..disregard

DAX chart for you.... for those of you into angles.... notice how the dax is loving these angles.... (p.s not fibs).... a touch today where I have the rectangle is about the 7441 level....

Attachments

• dax medium term chart.GIF
    dax medium term chart.GIF
    74.4 KB · Views: 142
Thanks DJ.

Looks like the Dax is in a Bull trend from today's open so you may be in with a chance of that 'touch' .